• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19 year old dates 16 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wheelerbabygirl

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am 16 and the boy that I want to date is 19. We have not started dating becuase we are not sure if it is against the Law. He is in the United States Army and we haven't started dating for fear of him being kicked out. Is it legal? If we don't do anything like sexual intercourse is it still illegal?

Silverplum

My standard answer:
If you are old enough to get laid/consider having sex, you are old enough to google your own info.
:rolleyes:

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am 16 and the boy that I want to date is 19. We have not started dating becuase we are not sure if it is against the Law. He is in the United States Army and we haven't started dating for fear of him being kicked out. Is it legal? If we don't do anything like sexual intercourse is it still illegal?

CJane

First of all, you're incredibly naive to think that a 19 year old man wants to date a 16 year old girl and isn't hoping to get laid.

But... no, I don't think it would be illegal for you to go out to a movie or dinner or whatever with him.

Your parents are insane though, if they allow it. And he'd be well served to check the military codes on the subject rather than the Indiana statutes.

The Occultist

*sigh* Oh dear. Alright, I'll give you a step in the right direction. When you google, search for "Age of Consent". If you put that in, you should find several helpful links on the first page.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are no laws in any state that dictate whom you may DATE. You may DATE anyone your parents agree to allow you to date.

Having sexual contact (which is more than just intercourse) is a different story. There are plenty of laws about that.

You want to go to a movie or hang out at the mall? Fine, as long as you both keep your hands (and all other body parts) to yourself. Fine, that is, as long as your parents agree.

BUt ANY sexual contact at all (yes, that means kissing, hugging, fondling, etc.) is problematic.

Wheelerbabygirl

Ok you do not know the guy. Yes he may be 19 but he does belive in abstinence and he already knows my feelings about sex. Though none of you may beleive that oh well. I simply asked if anyone knew. All you had to do was say that you did or did not know. There was no need of you to say that I am to immature or young. You do not know me nor do you know him. It is not your job to judge me or anyone else for what they do in their personal lives.

I do not belive in sex before marriage, and if he does not want to support me in that belief than he can go find another girl that agrees with his beliefs. If he wants to try and force me than that will be the end of our relationship, and if he forces me into it he will end up in jail for statutory rape.

Thankyou The Occultist for giving me a step in the right diredtion.:)

mommyof4

Noooo...if he forces sex, he will end up in jail (and court martial) for RAPE (sexual assault, whatever).

Nobody needs to hear the exact same explanation we have heard from every other teenager. I can recite the speech by heart. The fact is that you are a 16 year old child wanting to date a 19 year old man, who happens to be in the military. I can guarantee you that even if it is technically legal, the military is not going to be really supportive of his relationship with you. Expect his commanding officer to tell him to stay away from you, whether you parents agree or not. It's just playing with fire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">