• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20 yr old wants to fight 17 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jontnet

What is the name of your state?I live in PA

I am a 17 year old male. A 20 year old kid, whom I know, wants to beat me up. I'm definitely not afraid of him and I'm not afraid to fight him. But I don't think it's a good idea and I'm not going to do it. But if he were to hit me I would defend myself. I feel that I am responsible enough to not fight him and let this whole thing go, but he begs to differ.

The bottom line is: would he get in trouble for hitting me since he is 20 and I am 17? He claims he would not get in trouble by the police and is "coming to get me so I better watch out." He has already threatened me with nasty comments over AOL Instant Messanger. I'm not worried about him coming after me I just want him to stop bothering me and was wondering if he could get in trouble with the law.

Thanks

genivieve

Jontnet said:

I am a 17 year old male. A 20 year old kid, whom I know, wants to beat me up. I'm definitely not afraid of him and I'm not afraid to fight him. But I don't think it's a good idea and I'm not going to do it. But if he were to hit me I would defend myself. I feel that I am responsible enough to not fight him and let this whole thing go, but he begs to differ.

The bottom line is: would he get in trouble for hitting me since he is 20 and I am 17? He claims he would not get in trouble by the police and is "coming to get me so I better watch out." He has already threatened me with nasty comments over AOL Instant Messanger. I'm not worried about him coming after me I just want him to stop bothering me and was wondering if he could get in trouble with the law.

Thanks
Please copy all im's and bring them to the police and file a harassment report.

HomeGuru

Jontnet said:

Thanks
**A: call the police.

outonbail

File a report so the threats are on record, then carry some pepper spray so you can protect yourself without having to work up a sweat,,,,,,,

HappyHusband

Jontnet said:

Thanks
After you kick his ass, you and your parents can file assault charges against him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">