• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21 Year old man, 16 year old girl.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ghalleon

I’m a 21 year old man. My teen years wore so wild, that I’m just looking for companionship; I have absolutely no interest in having sex. Anyway this girl (16 years old) at work has bin flirting with me and after some time I found my self flirting with her. Anyway, I’m in Orem Utah, the legal age of consent is 16. So if that ever came up as an issue there would be no prob. I do however believe she should be at least 18 for sex. Not for the reason of “jail bate” but; life exp. And maturity, however she seems mature for her age (but isn’t that what everyone says.)
BTW, I understand how this looks and sounds; I’m an out standing human being. I don’t wont people judging me in the since of “you going to have sex with her you sicko.” What I said above are my true feelings, I also understand the she is a “Girl.” If she ever had a problem with our relationship I would not stop her from leaving.
Well, to the point of my Question. I believe I need consent to date her from her parents because she is still a minor. Yes/no?
Also, I was told that if I wore to date her Our age needed to be within 3 to 5 years. Yes/no?

Just Blue

Let me translate: You are a looser that is unable to attract WOMEN your own age, therefor you go after teen aged girls.

CourtClerk

she should be at least 18 for sex. Not for the reason of “jail bate” but; life exp. And maturity
So.... exactly what kind of life experience of any signficance do you have at 18??? My son is very mature for 11 but that's not saying much either.

Ghalleon

why does everything have to be about sex? What is wrong with people.

By life exp. I ment being on this world longer.

Ghalleon

Let me translate: You are a looser that is unable to attract WOMEN your own age, therefor you go after teen aged girls.
oh, a retard trying to be cool. she came to me. I just gave in. anyway, I trying to spair her fealings. Really I dont know WTF I'm doing.
also on the note of people my own age I think there all slutty whore's. no matter where I go where there from "church" there freeking whores.
anyway, I not trying to justafy what I'm doing. much.

MyHouse

It all becomes clear to me now... The reason you are attracted to YOUNG girls is because you insist on innocence and purity. All women your age are sluts! (And HOW TF do you KNOW such personal information about everyone?) Do you hold yourself to the same standard? I am very familiar with this, as I dated a 21 year old when I was 16, and he had this attitude! To make it even better (for him), I didn't even look 16. I was very small for my age and younger looking than I was. I weighed about 85 pounds. I noticed how he was so turned off by women his age, as they were all sluts and whores. All he could handle were virgins, unless he had been the one to take their virginity. THAT WAS OK TO HIM. You sound a lot like him, and I would think you were him, except that he is at least 45 years old now. Last I heard he was with a 19 year old. At least he figured out how to keep it legal! I suggest you be careful... It does not matter if "she came to you"... She is a minor is not expected to be able to make mature decisions. YOU ARE! People will try to justify anything... I read a news report about a man who raped a BABY and said he would not have done it if she hadn't seduced him! Hello! Your rationalization sounds almost as ridiculous!

ENortham

why does everything have to be about sex? What is wrong with people.

By life exp. I ment being on this world longer.

Maybe if your OP was simply: Do I need to ask her parents for permission to date their 16 year old daughter?

and not: I swear i'm not a sicko

you'd have gotten better answers.

PS - as a young girl myself, I would never date you based on spelling alone.:)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Here's an answer for you

Let's pretend for a moment that I believe you about the relationship you want being non-sexual. You still need her parents consent to even be in the same room with her, let alone date her. She is under 18; she is completely and totally under her parents' control. If they don't want you to date her, you don't date her. If they don't want you to see her, you don't see her. If they don't want you within 500 feet of her, guess what?

And if they have two brain cells to rub together, they will tell you to stay the hell away from her or they'll call the cops.

oh, a retard trying to be cool. she came to me. I just gave in. anyway, I trying to spair her fealings. Really I dont know WTF I'm doing.
also on the note of people my own age I think there all slutty whore's. no matter where I go where there from "church" there freeking whores.
anyway, I not trying to justafy what I'm doing. much.
Wow! Are you serious?

If sex isn't an issue and you look at woman your age as "all slutty whore's" no matter where you go, maybe your preference isn't women. (Just a thought.)

msiron

In this day and age you should put the cross up and run. Don't you read the papers? Men your age get arrested for 'being near' underage hoodsies all the time. It's not the normal 1960's and 1970's anymore you know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">