• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22 and 16

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Unless physical maturation is slowed in New Hampshire for some reason it would be no different in New Hampshire than any other state. Males produce sperm by that age and females have started estrus by the age of 22 so yes, it would be possible.

If you mean; is it legal for people of those ages to engage in coitus, the answer is; in general, yes but there is an exception if the elder is in a position of authority (e.g. Teacher)

The parent of the younger can does have legal means to prohibit the relationship though. Statutory rape is not the only concern in such a relationship.

Mind you, if the younger is 15 when the relationship started and can be proven by the relationship producing a child, the elder can be successfully prosecuted due to that evidence.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And if the boy does not get custody - he can expect to support his child. Assuming it is his.

CdwJava

And what exactly do you mean by support his child?
Money. Lots and lots of money.

So, junior will have to get a job and pay for the child.

Did I say it would cost a lot of money?

Most 16 year olds can't even afford to pay for gas and insurance on a car, much less a baby!

Mat A

Money. Lots and lots of money.

So, junior will have to get a job and pay for the child.

Did I say it would cost a lot of money?

Most 16 year olds can't even afford to pay for gas and insurance on a car, much less a baby!
Yes that is a given but I'm wondering will
The state take that child knowing that neither parent can provide for it? If the parents of the 16 year old don't agree with it can they keep them from seeing each other?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
The state take that child knowing that neither parent can provide for it? If the parents of the 16 year old don't agree with it can they keep them from seeing each other?
The parents can absolutely restrict the 22 year old from being around their child.

And no, the state won't remove the child because the parents are poor or will need state assistance to raise the child.

CdwJava

The state will not take a child because mom is poor. If mom cannot care for the child and the child is at risk, then they just might. But, if the child receives any form of public assistance, they'll pursue dad for the money - no matter his age.

And, yeah, the parents of the 16 year old can keep Romeo and Juliet apart. When the minor is an adult, he can do what he wants (assuming he's okay with moving out of his home with only what mom and dad allow him to take with him).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">