• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

24-year old man dating 15-year old girl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anna6498

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My 24-year old brother is stupid. He is dating a 15-year old highschool sophomore. My parents and I are completely against this and are out of ideas as far as how to go about this. The girl's mother is evidently white trash as is my brother, and doesn't seem to care what is going on.

We are afraid that my brother is going to end up in jail, but I realize that is probably what it is going to take for him to learn his lesson. He and the girl both swear they are not having sex, but I'm not sure whether or not I believe them.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions about how to report him and/or her mother? Also, do you know what repercussions there are if he does get caught?

Thanks for your time and advice.

liquid8or

If you are afraid that your brother is going to end up in jail, why the hell do you want to know how to report him?

If you are right, won't that DEFINATELY get him in trouble? You would be contibuting to causing what you are afraid of.

I am not that smart. Am I missing something here?

anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

BelizeBreeze

anna6498 said:

My 24-year old brother is stupid. He is dating a 15-year old highschool sophomore. My parents and I are completely against this and are out of ideas as far as how to go about this. The girl's mother is evidently white trash as is my brother, and doesn't seem to care what is going on.

We are afraid that my brother is going to end up in jail, but I realize that is probably what it is going to take for him to learn his lesson. He and the girl both swear they are not having sex, but I'm not sure whether or not I believe them.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions about how to report him and/or her mother? Also, do you know what repercussions there are if he does get caught?

The only suggestion I have is to mind your own business. Unless you have photos or movies of them having sex, they have broken no laws.

Wolflmg

anna6498 said:

The best thing you can do, if he wont listen to you or your parents, is let things play out, and if he learns the hard way he learns the hard way. Unfourtantly there isn't a whole lot you can do, not unless you have proof of them having sex.

abaga

anna6498 said:

Did he not see the news yesterday and today of the 37 yo teacher and the 15 yo boy???? If not, have him watch it tonight....HINT..the teacher is in jail for having sex with a minor...child molestation to be exact! The teacher is pregnant too!

BelizeBreeze

abaga said:
Did he not see the news yesterday and today of the 37 yo teacher and the 15 yo boy???? If not, have him watch it tonight....HINT..the teacher is in jail for having sex with a minor...child molestation to be exact! The teacher is pregnant too!
Yep, and she was a fine looking babe :D

rmet4nzkx

Georgia is one of those states with conflicting laws re consent, the legal age of consent in GA is 16, however, if the bride is pregnant, no parental consent is required for marriage if either party is under age, if the couple submits a statement from a licensed physician certifying that the bride is pregnant. So as long as they wait until she is 16, or if she get pregnant, they can get married without parental consent, so there is nothing you or your parents can really do other than wring their hands and complain, it is up to the girl and her mother at this point.

There is a GA case in the news now where the woman is older and the boy 15, but it is not rape because they got married under this statute.

abaga

BelizeBreeze said:
Yep, and she was a fine looking babe :D
The judge that married them said she didn't look 37! Ummmm, I beg to differ on that one! He became a little more stupid when he was asked if he would have done it knowing the age and he said "Well, I dunnoooooooo! (paraphrasing)" Moron!

abaga

rmet4nzkx said:
Georgia is one of those states with conflicting laws re consent, the legal age of consent in GA is 16, however, if the bride is pregnant, no parental consent is required for marriage if either party is under age, if the couple submits a statement from a licensed physician certifying that the bride is pregnant. So as long as they wait until she is 16, or if she get pregnant, they can get married without parental consent, so there is nothing you or your parents can really do other than wring their hands and complain, it is up to the girl and her mother at this point.

There is a GA case in the news now where the woman is older and the boy 15, but it is not rape because they got married under this statute.
Yes, that was the case to which I was referring. Nope, not rape, but they are calling it child molestation in the news reports!

We have a Mary Kay Lettourneau in our state now! :(

abaga

BelizeBreeze said:
At my age, anything with the requisite number of breasts and still breathing looks fine ;)
How do you know she has that number, more or less? They only showed her from the shoulders up!! :D

brisgirl825

BelizeBreeze said:
At my age, anything with the requisite number of breasts and still breathing looks fine ;)
Why, BB I am shocked. You're witty, intelligent...I think you can afford to be a little more discerning, despite your age. ;)

rmet4nzkx

BelizeBreeze said:
at this point scruffy is looking mighty nice to me :eek:
I was going to ask if that included Scruffy, but thought it better not to go there. I take it Scruffy is territorial?

BelizeBreeze

rmet4nzkx said:
I was going to ask if that included Scruffy, but thought it better not to go there. I take it Scruffy is territorial?
She's gotten into the habit of laying on my leg when I'm at the computer.....now you tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">