• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd grade fractured nose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mytyty1

What is the name of your state? I live in Ohio

At the end of the school year last year a little boy came up to my son and ended up fracturing his nose by hitting him with his fist. We ended up in the emergency room with a fractured nose and clot. After a week of speaking with the principal and counselor, the little boy admitted it in front of his family, the principal and school guidance counselor. The principal called me at home that friday night to inform me that the other child admitted doing this for no apparent reason other he didn't like my son. They were both age 8. I never filed a police report as I have never had this happen and the principal advised that i shouldn't make a big deal out of it. She promised she would write a small statement advising me of the incident that took place but I never received that. She now states that it is confidential information and I can obtain a copy of the meeting that took place that friday wherein he admitted doing it. Now it is 4 months later and the medical bills from the ER are coming in. I don't want the child arrested or really have to go to court, I just would like them to pay the medical bills for this. Do I have any case for action or is it to late. I would like to send them a polite letter asking them to pay the bills, but if they refuse to do so, what can I do next?

HappyHusband

What is the name of your state? I live in Ohio

At the end of the school year last year a little boy came up to my son and ended up fracturing his nose by hitting him with his fist. We ended up in the emergency room with a fractured nose and clot. After a week of speaking with the principal and counselor, the little boy admitted it in front of his family, the principal and school guidance counselor. The principal called me at home that friday night to inform me that the other child admitted doing this for no apparent reason other he didn't like my son. They were both age 8. I never filed a police report as I have never had this happen and the principal advised that i shouldn't make a big deal out of it. She promised she would write a small statement advising me of the incident that took place but I never received that. She now states that it is confidential information and I can obtain a copy of the meeting that took place that friday wherein he admitted doing it. Now it is 4 months later and the medical bills from the ER are coming in. I don't want the child arrested or really have to go to court, I just would like them to pay the medical bills for this. Do I have any case for action or is it to late. I would like to send them a polite letter asking them to pay the bills, but if they refuse to do so, what can I do next?
1. File a police report.
2. Send a letter requesting them to pay the bills.
3. If #2. doesn't work, take them to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">