• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd time around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=375923&page=5Ok so this is what happened the first time I came to this site, you all laughed at me and thought I was an idiot because I am just a stupid 17 year old. Well I am now a graduate of not just Basic training, but Infantry OSUT, which is 14 weeks long. I will be reporting to my duty station June 10th which is Fort Lewis, Washington. BTW, I ended up moving in up with my dad in Farifax VA to get my GED. I enrolled in Robinson Secondary School for one day, before transferring to their GED program which I was able to complete literrally in record time. Though you guys try to make me out to be an idiot, I am actually apparently not. I then immediately went to Meps and signed a contract with the army for 4 years as an 11 B(infantry) which is exactly what I wanted to do.

quincy

Congratulations on getting your GED, Jeremiah! :)

It sounds like you are doing everything right.

Be safe.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I don't know what you think you're crowing about, but the thread you reference was your attempt to find out how you could get expelled so that you could get your GED and join the Army. You were told that was an idiotic idea, because it was an idiotic idea.

The rest of the thread was an attempt to persuade you that you would have a much more successful Army career if you received a proper education first. Come back and let us know how you're doing in four years.

I hope the training you've just been through knocked some of that arrogant immaturity you previously displayed out of you, but since you've come back to post, essentially, "nyah, nyah, nyah, told you so!!" apparently it did not.

Thank you, though, for coming back to let us know we were right. Congratulations on your new career in the Army, and good luck!

You said you were going to be in the army by the end of last year.
Damn, you got me there, because of the fact that I had to go "through the system" to get my GED, it took a little bit longer.

Congratulations on getting your GED, Jeremiah!

It sounds like you are doing everything right.
Thank you

I'll try, its hard when you're an 11B

I don't know what you think you're crowing about, but the thread you reference was your attempt to find out how you could get expelled so that you could get your GED and join the Army. You were told that was an idiotic idea, because it was an idiotic idea.
No, it wasn't, it was a last resort, and the only alternative you morons could provide was "stay in school, kid!"

I will come back and let you know when I have my online degree from Liberty University in Lynchburg VA.

I hope the training you've just been through knocked some of that arrogant immaturity you previously displayed out of you, but since you've come back to post, essentially, "nyah, nyah, nyah, told you so!!" apparently it did not.
excuse me for being proud of myself.....

Thank you, though, for coming back to let us know we were right. Congratulations on your new career in the Army, and good luck!
you weren't right, but thank you, 26 years later that'll be Command Seargent Major Catronblack

>Charlotte<

Lurker
excuse me for being proud of myself.....
That's not being proud of yourself, that's being a child.

that'll be Command Seargent Major Catronblack
Believe it or not, I hope so. But that won't happen unless you make some serious changes between now and then.

And (just because you're going to need to know this) it's s-e-r-g-e-a-n-t.

las365

Perhaps in time you will learn that when you have overcome people's reasonable doubts about your plans, you don't have a need to call them morons when you are describing your success.

It sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck and best wishes.

Mikef6301

Jeremiah,

I am not sure why, but there are a lot of people on here who like to be negative. It’s as if they get joy out of reading about peoples’ problems and instead of being helpful they would rather point out the obvious and be critical. It’s really sad, people come here with real problems and instead of suggestions they are judged. Congratulations on your accomplishments. Stick with it, retire young and with health insurance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">