• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Underage Drinking Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandamarie

Last night I got an underage drinking citation at my college, but it was off of campus. This is my second one, but I got the first one when I was 15. When I went through the first ordeal for some reason I remember someone telling me that when I turn 18 it would be cleaned off my record. I'm 19 now. I was wondering if the first citation from when I was 15 still counts or is it non-existant anymore. I wanted to know also that if its not on my record, would the one from last night count as my first one?

If this second one really does count as the second, is there anyway that I could get maybe 3 months of my license taken away instead of a year? I would prefer to not have my license taken away at all because it's important for me to drive to work and back home from college. Any info i would appreciate. Thanks.

Silverplum

Last night I got an underage drinking citation at my college, but it was off of campus. This is my second one, but I got the first one when I was 15. When I went through the first ordeal for some reason I remember someone telling me that when I turn 18 it would be cleaned off my record. I'm 19 now. I was wondering if the first citation from when I was 15 still counts or is it non-existant anymore. I wanted to know also that if its not on my record, would the one from last night count as my first one?

If this second one really does count as the second, is there anyway that I could get maybe 3 months of my license taken away instead of a year? I would prefer to not have my license taken away at all because it's important for me to drive to work and back home from college. Any info i would appreciate. Thanks.
okay thanks dick
Quoting is important: then we retain the whole story. ;)

mommyof4

I would prefer to not have my license taken away at all because it's important for me to drive to work and back home from college.
I'm sure your parents would prefer for you to be able to resist the lure of alcohol, but hey...they didn't get their preference either, did they?

I'm sure the law would prefer the same.

You didn't heed any of their preferences, so now nobody is going to heed yours. You don't get to pick and choose what consequences you will face.

How nice.....you showed your maturity by calling a poster a name.

I've got one for you that is actually relevant....

problem drinker.

Antigone*

:eek::eek::eek: I am shocked, how is it that you give an OP exactly what they ask for and when they thank you, they can't even address you by your own name :eek::eek::rolleyes:.

How ungracious. This little missy is just as bad as the other little missy that is going to collage.;)

CdwJava

No one can answer your question because no state is indicated in your post.

Consult local counsel.

- Carl

swrdmbo

OHHHHH! Pennsylvania!!

Well...just tell them you prefer not to have your license taken away... that should do it

CdwJava

Because 90% of kids don't drink in college right?

Ignorance is bliss
Perhaps if he only started in college, but this kid had a prior conviction/true finding when he was 15 and he is only 19 now. This implies a problem. And, it's doubtful that these are the only two times he has been drinking.

Statistically, someone who starts drinking at age 14 or lower stands a far greater chance of developing alcoholism than a person who waits longer to begin imbibing. This kid seems to have a problem ... or, he's just terribly unlucky.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">