• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd degree forgery and 3rd degree theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djb5123

I am a 17 yr old male living in Morris County, New Jersey. I will be turning 18 in July. I am being charged with 3rd degree Theft and 3rd degree Forgery for writing out and then cashing three checks that belonged to my dad. The checks totaled $620. My dad reported it to the police. I'm not sure who is pressing the charges (dad or state). I've been to court in the past for misdemeanors and completed probation 1 yr ago. I can't afford a lawyer. The money was spent on marijuana and I've already admitted that to my dad. I've checked myself into an Intensive outpatient and have been attending 12-step meetings (which I love and feel are very beneficial to me. Still waiting for court date info. Please spare me from the "drugs are bad" and "you should be ashamed" comments because I feel pretty terrible and ashamed of myself at the moment as it is. Is there anything else I can do to help my case? And realistically what am I looking at as far as legal consequences? Assuming someone will offer some help, thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">