• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd Degree Retail Fraud - MICH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kurtisc

Michigan
(17 yrs old)

So I tried to steal some alcohol from a local gas station, and got caught on the way out of the store. I gave the alcohol to the clerk, and ran. This was 9/25/06. Cops NEVER contacted me for the incident and I NEVER got a ticket.

Recently (month or two ago) a detective came to my house and I wrote on this paper that I was sorry and that it wouldn't happen again after he told me they had video with me on it (which they do). The detective told me that they wouldn't prosecute me if I wrote and signed the letter. So I did, of course.

This past Thursday (5-17-07) I got a letter saying I had a warrant out for my arrest. I called them and they said I didn't have a warrant but I was arraigned for 6/11/07 to be in court.

Just wondering what I'm looking at and why I went through signing that "confession" if they just prosecute me anyways.. :confused:

Any help and advice is much much appreciated. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">