• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd grader harassed by Teacher's aide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mssbama4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

My 3rd grade son is having trouble with a little girl in his class. Their teacher says they bicker and name call back and forth. The girls mother is a teacher's aide for another grade at the school. after the first incident, my son came home saying the mother/aide pulled him out of his class (his teacher was absent from the room) to talk to him. I didnt think anything of it. The second time, my son called me sobbing from the nurses station. He and the little girl argued again AND again the mother found my son in the hallway to further discipline him. Again the teacher was unaware of this so i went to the principal. He assured me that the mother would not have access to my son. I even went further to ask the teacher if my son was bullying the girl. She told me no. My son tells me this mother/aide constantly tells him he is bad in the lunch line, recess, etc. I have told him not to go into the hallways alone. Today the kids argued again. I was called up to the school to bring medicine to my son. He had a headache from crying after the mother embarassed him in front of his class. As i rounded the corner - i found the mother/aide in the hallway. face to face with my son - alone. I asked her to step away from him and for us to go to the principals office. He asked us both to write a statement. I dont know what else to do. How do I protect my son from this woman? Can I get a restraining order on her? I feel like I am battling a gaint here.....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Linda77

YES.. you can do something!!

Talk to the principal and advice him that if he does NOT keep this woman away from your child that you will get an attorney and sue the school district. They are responsible for keeping your child safe while he is on their property and during school hours. What she is doing is bullying a child and she has to be stopped. I would take action immediately.

Isis1

Talk to the principal and advice him that if he does NOT keep this woman away from your child that you will get an attorney and sue the school district. They are responsible for keeping your child safe while he is on their property and during school hours. What she is doing is bullying a child and she has to be stopped. I would take action immediately.
Err, Linda. This is actually a double post. And the situation has been resolved. :D.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">