• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7-year old bit my son at school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brentnjill

What is the name of your state? PA

As per my other posts, we've been dealing with a school bully who happens to also be our neighbor, all of last year and over this past summer. Usually it's words, so nothing can really be done, as far as the school says. Everyone's telling us that if my son were to physically try to make this kid stop being so verbally nasty, he could get suspended. What about the day last year (they were both in first grade) that this kid bit my son on the arm, actually breaking the skin a bit? When I approached the principal about it, I was told that because of their age, nothing could be done? As far as I know, he only missed a recess...there was a rumor that he was suspended for a day but I don't think that actually happened. Is it too late now to do anything about it?

Just curious.

~jill

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? PA

As per my other posts, we've been dealing with a school bully who happens to also be our neighbor, all of last year and over this past summer. Usually it's words, so nothing can really be done, as far as the school says. Everyone's telling us that if my son were to physically try to make this kid stop being so verbally nasty, he could get suspended. What about the day last year (they were both in first grade) that this kid bit my son on the arm, actually breaking the skin a bit? When I approached the principal about it, I was told that because of their age, nothing could be done? As far as I know, he only missed a recess...there was a rumor that he was suspended for a day but I don't think that actually happened. Is it too late now to do anything about it?
Just curious.~jill
I think (but do not know fer shur) that it is WAY too late. Generally, you must take immediate and specific actions...or else it's just an unproven sour grapes story for later. See what I mean? If there's no hard proof, no legally filed complaint, time has gone by, and now all of a sudden you want to "do" something about it. Looks hinky. (I am not saying you ARE acting in bad faith or lying, I'm saying how it LOOKS and WHY you have to file complaints at once.)

brentnjill

I see what you mean. That's kind of what I figured. I'm just desperate for a way to make them stop!! They continuously have us under a microscope and I'm not sure how to get out!! I'm afraid that when they don't get anywhere with the DEP, they're gonna think of something else. I just heard a story about a woman who admitted she spanked her kids to the wrong person at the grocery store and, BANG, her kids were taken away from her for 3 MONTHS!!!

How do we protect ourselves when someone is intentionally out to get you?

~jill

brentnjill

When you discussed this with a local attorney, what were you told?
We didn't get the lawyer involved until the end of last year, for the parents trying to get an easement thru "their" property taken away (they're just renters). I don't think I ever mentioned all of the background on the bullying from their son...I was more concerned at that point about his parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">