• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7 Yr old just vandilized a $500,000 home in LA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude625

What is the name of your state? Louisiana, My daughter and another just vandalized a home pretty badly, I'm sure in the neighborhood of 30,000 in damages. What should I prepare myself for? Will my insurance cover any of this? How old do they have to be to emancipate?
Help

Curt581

What is the name of your state? Louisiana, My daughter and another just vandalized a home pretty badly, I'm sure in the neighborhood of 30,000 in damages. What should I prepare myself for? Will my insurance cover any of this? How old do they have to be to emancipate?
Help
A 7 year old did $30,000 in damages?

You want to know if a 7 year old can be emancipated?

Are you serious?

Never mind... I don't want to know.

ceara19

Help
I'm guessing that you haven't even bothered to look up the legal definition of emancipation.

N

neb

I'm guessing this parent should contact an attorney. I find it very easy to offer advice and not ridicule. However, I am not a lawyer and neither are the majority of you. Stop making fun of these people who come here for advice. They don't know. If they did they wouldn't be here.

Dude625

I'm guessing that you haven't even bothered to look up the legal definition of emancipation.
You are correct, I don't have a clue what it means, I'm not thinking right at the present time, I must agree with Neb is it, is this a hate forum? By the number of total posts from a few people (7 total), I have come to the conclusion that these people must be experts on this issue. For the people who actually responded with advice, I thank you. The others, my advice is to got to walmart and buy yourself a life, they're fairly cheap.
Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Help

Be prepared for CSB to become involved because your daughter has committed a crime> Be prepared for there to an adjudication to determine if your child is dependent or neglected due to the fact that at the age of 7 she committed a severe act of vandalism. If she is adjudicated as dependent or neglected, be prepared that she will likely be taken from your custody and you will be forced to complete a case plan rectifying your short comings as a parent before your child will be returned to you. If she is not returned, be prepared for your parental rights to be terminated and in some states that gives them cause to remove any current or subsequent children from your care.

Be prepared for your insurance NOT to cover any of this as they don't insure you for crimes committed BY members of your household.
Be prepared to be sued by the homeowners whose property she destroyed for costs associated with the damage your daughter committed. If you cannot pay it be prepared to have your wages garnished, liens placed against your property and to be forced in to bankruptcy.

You cannot emancipate your seven year old. You can ground her, place her in psychiatric treatment and psychotherapy to determine what problems she has that would make her destroy other's property, and otherwise try to parent her. But you cannot emancipate her.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? Louisiana, My daughter and another just vandalized a home pretty badly, I'm sure in the neighborhood of 30,000 in damages.
How could a 7 year old have done such extensive damages? Did she set something on fire?
Unless she owns a jackhammer or has access to a crane with a large wrecking ball, it seems like an awful lot of destruction for a couple of seven year old girls to accomplish just for a few laughs. Was this damage all completed in one visit or have they been making a daily project out of this for some time?

What should I prepare myself for?
A guest appearence on Dr. Phil may be in the cards.

I know what my parents would have done,,,, dad always said if I didn't want to behave and do as I was told, he could make another one that looked just like me.

Bretagne

Don't take offense at anything, neb. Go cornhuskers! Softie's named appropriately because she's soft in the head. That's clear. There is absolutely no substance or information in any of her six posts.

Silverplum

what I said was deleted. Obviously by someone who supports those who prey upon people seeking advice.
Or, for the intelligent among us, it was deleted by someone who knew your message was utterly and completely inappropriate. As are other of your messages. Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">