+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    abusive father, how to get custody

    What is the name of your state? texas

    i was adopted by my grandparents from my birth mother when i was a month old. afterward she had several other children. about eight years ago she died, and her husband has been abusive to teh children since. he receives social security income for all of them but spends it on crack. the police have yet to intervene because his new girlfriend is friendly with them in the town, and it is a very small town police force.

    the youngest son is now 16, and his father beats him often, and wishes to kick him out. my grandfather is my adopted father, and has been in that place before we were all born, despite not fathering our true mother. he wishes to adopt my youngest brother as well and get him out of that environment.

    will he have trouble doing this? they have a secure home, are retired individuals, and both wish him to live there. what steps would he need to take to have the boy seized, or to gain custody if the father puts up a fight. all children except for the youngest girl are badly scarred from their father's beatings, as he whips them with anythign he can, ranging from belts, belt buckles, and swithes, I suspect with his fist too. the youngest girl and boy are the only ones who have not yet turned 18 to move out.

  2. #2
    does anyone know if its possible to get custody at all for him?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ndnicks
    does anyone know if its possible to get custody at all for him?
    Maybe this website could help you out. [url]http://www.911family.com/[/url]

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Help protecting my children from their abusive father is custody case.
    By Amael Lindar in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
  2. Mentally ill mother, abusive father, can I get custody of my nephew?
    By Ozzinator in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM
  3. Angry, Abusive Mother with Sole Custody, Father resides out of State
    By b_rocks in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 06:15 AM
  4. need custody of daughter from potentially abusive father
    By tward in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2002, 01:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.