• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult & Minor 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobh06

I live in PA and I'm a 20yr old guy (turning 21 next month). I have a friend (girl) whom lives in OH and is 16yr old, turning 17 in a few months. She currently lives with her father, but goes to her mother's every other weekend and then stays with her for a period of time throughout the summer; so her Father has full custody and her Mother has visiting rights. The Father doesn't want her to see me/talk to me/text me/message me or anything and doesn't want me to do the same. The Mother has no problem with it as I'm a decent guy (the father just hasn't gotten any time to know me).

So basically I spoke with her Mother this weekend and she assured me that when her daughter is under her time, then it is fine is she hangs out/talks to me; but when she is under her Fathers time, to just let her be and I shouldn't have any problems. Her Mother also stated that her Father would come after her if he found out as he would be trying to take away her Visiting rights...

So anyways, I want to make sure that it's fine hanging out/talking to her when she is under her Mother's time? Could her Father still come after me, and if so, what could he do?

Again, just looking for the advice. Please don't jump down my throat as that is not why I'm here.

Thanks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH/PAWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate Post/Thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/juvenile-law-90/adult-minor-469423.html

CdwJava

You better hope that dad does no get a court order, or that dad does not manage to use your intrusion to get mom's visitation yanked.

- Carl

Zigner

OP didn't like what he was told in the first thread...what makes him think this will be different? LEAVE THE CHILD ALONE!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in PA and I'm a 20yr old guy (turning 21 next month). I have a friend (girl) whom lives in OH and is 16yr old, turning 17 in a few months. She currently lives with her father, but goes to her mother's every other weekend and then stays with her for a period of time throughout the summer; so her Father has full custody and her Mother has visiting rights.
Really? So you have seen the court order? Because if not then you have NO CLUE.
The Father doesn't want her to see me/talk to me/text me/message me or anything and doesn't want me to do the same. The Mother has no problem with it as I'm a decent guy (the father just hasn't gotten any time to know me).
A decent guy? If you were as a decent guy you woudn't be sniffing around little girls. Which makes you pretty close to a pedophile. So you believe pedophiles are decent guys?

So basically I spoke with her Mother this weekend and she assured me that when her daughter is under her time, then it is fine is she hangs out/talks to me; but when she is under her Fathers time, to just let her be and I shouldn't have any problems. Her Mother also stated that her Father would come after her if he found out as he would be trying to take away her Visiting rights...
Dad has told you to stay away. YOU STAY AWAY OR you end up with a restraining order against you until the child is 18 and an adult.

So anyways, I want to make sure that it's fine hanging out/talking to her when she is under her Mother's time? Could her Father still come after me, and if so, what could he do?
Restraining order. Have you arrested. Should I continue?
Again, just looking for the advice. Please don't jump down my throat as that is not why I'm here.
Please quit being a pedophile because we are not here to aid your kind. AND YES an adult who is sniffing around a child is a pedophile. Deal with that fact and realize that if you do anything you can find yourself in a heap of legal trouble.

Jacobh06

So you guys are basically saying that no matter what her Mother thinks or has to say about this, as long as her Father has a problem, then there is nothing she can do or say?

Also, I'm glad you can jump down my throat! I really appreciate it. I just asked for the advice so I don't make any stupid mistakes and end up with something on my record and in jail. I came here for the advice, not people to jump down my throat, so please watch your comments. All you have to do is tell me what could happen and why, not yell at me.

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So you guys are basically saying that no matter what her Mother thinks or has to say about this, as long as her Father has a problem, then there is nothing she can do or say?

Also, I'm glad you can jump down my throat! I really appreciate it. I just asked for the advice so I don't make any stupid mistakes and end up with something on my record and in jail. I came here for the advice, not people to jump down my throat, so please watch your comments. All you have to do is tell me what could happen and why, not yell at me.

Thanks
No we are NOT BASICALLY SAYING -- we are saying. As for jumping down your throat -- no way. No how. Not going there. I don't know where that throat has been and I don't want to risk catching anything. Please watch our comments? Nope. Don't want to and since you are not in charge of me, I dont' have to. Have a good life. And stay away from children.

Isis1

ugh! i need a shower now. :eek:

OP, dad CAN get a restraining order on you regardless of you molesting this girl on mom's time.

dad can take mom to court and request mom to only have supervised visitation since she allows her child to be with a pediphile.

violating a restraining order, jail time and a record. even on mom's time.

you lose.

Zigner

I don't think you're a pedophile. If you can wait until she's 17 her father can't make any trouble for you, short of a restraining order (which I don't see being granted) or kicking your behind.

The main problem is that it might cause the mother to lose her visitation.

By the way, I was in a similar situation and the guy inspired me to go to college, which I never would have thought of otherwise.

Definitions of pedophile on the Web:

* an adult who is sexually attracted to children
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">