• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed for this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theraev

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Alright. To make a long story short, I've had a relationship with a 25 year old woman for almost half a year now (I'm 17.) We've only seen each other twice, the first time the original plan was for her and her friend to get a hotel, and I stay with them during the day and go home that night. I ended up staying there that night, told my mother a lie about where I was, but she eventually found out. She got angry, but got over it. Now at this time, my mother thought the girl was 20. Recently she found out she was 25, and is now repeatedly threatening to first off, have her arrested as a sexual predator (we never did anything, the woman is a virgin), then secondly, have her arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Not only that, but when I first started talking to her I was misinformed that my cell phone had free nights on it, so I racked up a $600 phone bill (not my fault) and then the next month got a $500 bill (was my fault, going to pay it back), and now my mother is trying to extort the $1100 for the bills from this girl or she threatens to have her jailed. This frightens me a great deal simply because my mother works at a law enforcement training center, and actually had someone look up all this girl's details.

So..what can I do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can quit hanging around with the 25 year old woman and pay your mother the $1100 phone bill as soon as possible if not sooner.

theraev

You can quit hanging around with the 25 year old woman and pay your mother the $1100 phone bill as soon as possible if not sooner.
I have quit 'hanging around' with her, and she isn't responsible, nor as far as I know, liable for those phone bills, yet my mother demands that she pay it or she will try and have her arrested for something completely unrelated.

The Occultist

I have quit 'hanging around' with her, and she isn't responsible, nor as far as I know, liable for those phone bills, yet my mother demands that she pay it or she will try and have her arrested for something completely unrelated.
That is her prerogative. Just pay your mother back and this will all go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">