• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on Robbery/Assault charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johncrtns

I'm from New Jersey and about a week ago me and 3 of my friends were accused of holding someone up for money with a gun and assaulting them in a park (I was not the one personally accused of having the gun, just helping assault the kid). 3 of us are juvenile and there is one adult, but there is no evidence besides the "victim's" statement AND the adult charged 'confirmed' a robbery took place but when I was arrested the next day I had no gun or anything else illegal on me and neither did any of my co-defendents. I am on probation for a non-violent charge from about a year ago and spent the last two week in JDC and now am on an ankle bracelet. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what will likely happen to me, I have a probable cause hearing on the 16th so answers before then would be appreciated. Thank you.

I'm from New Jersey and about a week ago me and 3 of my friends were accused of holding someone up for money with a gun and assaulting them in a park (I was not the one personally accused of having the gun, just helping assault the kid). 3 of us are juvenile and there is one adult, but there is no evidence besides the "victim's" statement AND the adult charged 'confirmed' a robbery took place but when I was arrested the next day I had no gun or anything else illegal on me and neither did any of my co-defendents. I am on probation for a non-violent charge from about a year ago and spent the last two week in JDC and now am on an ankle bracelet. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what will likely happen to me, I have a probable cause hearing on the 16th so answers before then would be appreciated. Thank you.
You didn't hold the gun, but you knew of it.
They will try and tag all three of you with having a gun. And considering your priers,

Consider yourself toast.

..__________________________
~ There is such a fine line between clever and stupid.

Last edited:

quincy

I recommend you hire a good defense attorney.

The victim's statement is a powerful statement. If the adult who was charged with the crime implicated you, this works against you. And you already have a sketchy criminal history. You do not need to be in possession of a weapon to be charged and convicted of the robbery and assault offense.

Again, you NEED an attorney who will speak for you, both now and at the hearing, and who will help you work on a defense. In the meantime, do not answer any questions directed at you by the police. Exercise your right to remain silent and refer all questions to your attorney.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">