• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of consent/emancipation/and others

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbite

What is the name of your state? Oregon, also Washington

I will try to be as succinct as I can and still give all the facts

I am good friends with a male age 15, will be 16 this summer. I am female, age 24. He lives in Washington state, I in Oregon. He wants to move here, in with myself and a mutual friend, female age 19. Age of consent factors in (hence the title) simply because there will be suspicions of a relationship, with everyones respective ages (actually I am just assuming that, but I want to cover all my bases).

As near as I can tell after having read the forms, he cannot file legal emancipation because he won't be living in Wa, and doesn't have a job up there. Would be counterproductive for him to get a job, sign a lease, move out (in Wa), and then be stuck, or have to break his lease to move in with us.
Can he move, get a job in OR, show that he is self suffecient, THEN file emancipation? Would he then have to file in Wa or Or?

What are the other options? If we get the "good will" of his guardians (grandparents), can he, as a minor, live anywhere he likes, so long as he is neither a runaway nor kidnapped?

Any advice, or directions to the laws covering such things so I can research it myself, is appreciated. Thank you

FrostBite

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Oregon, also Washington

I will try to be as succinct as I can and still give all the facts

I am good friends with a male age 15, will be 16 this summer. I am female, age 24. He lives in Washington state, I in Oregon. He wants to move here, in with myself and a mutual friend, female age 19. Age of consent factors in (hence the title) simply because there will be suspicions of a relationship, with everyones respective ages (actually I am just assuming that, but I want to cover all my bases).

As near as I can tell after having read the forms, he cannot file legal emancipation because he won't be living in Wa, and doesn't have a job up there. Would be counterproductive for him to get a job, sign a lease, move out (in Wa), and then be stuck, or have to break his lease to move in with us.
Can he move, get a job in OR, show that he is self suffecient, THEN file emancipation? Would he then have to file in Wa or Or?

What are the other options? If we get the "good will" of his guardians (grandparents), can he, as a minor, live anywhere he likes, so long as he is neither a runaway nor kidnapped?

Any advice, or directions to the laws covering such things so I can research it myself, is appreciated. Thank you

FrostBite
Please google Mann Act. You are so wrong on so many different levels, I just don't know where to begin!

frostbite

If anyone has a real answer do please post it. Feel free to bitch at me via private email-- but you are not answering my question

And what, do tell, is wrong "on so many levels"?

Edited to add: What does a law prohibiting prostitution across state lines have to do with my situation? No one is having sex with anyone! And I am certainly not a hooker, and I am not the one moving to another state.

Last edited:

moburkes

If anyone has a real answer do please post it. Feel free to bitch at me via private email-- but you are not answering my question

Edited to add: What does a law prohibiting prostitution across state lines have to do with my situation? No one is having sex with anyone! And I am certainly not a hooker, and I am not the one moving to another state.
Okay, smart ass. My legal advice is that you reconsider this before you find yourself hiring an attorney to get your jail time reduced.

frostbite

Only one being hostile here is you. Explain, unless you browse these forums just to be a pain in everyones side. This IS "Free Advice", not "Free Verbal Abuse". What is wrong with wanting a longtime friend to move in with us?

moburkes

Only one being hostile here is you. Explain, unless you browse these forums just to be a pain in everyones side. This IS "Free Advice", not "Free Verbal Abuse". What is wrong with wanting a longtime friend to move in with us?
You're dense. What is wrong? His age. Period. End of story. Oh, not the end. Your age as well.

Just Blue

Okay...sigh...The Mann Act comes into play when you bring a minor across state lines for sex....

am good friends with a male age 15, will be 16 this summer. I am female, age 24. He lives in Washington state, I in Oregon. He wants to move here, in with myself and a mutual friend, female age 19. Age of consent factors in (hence the title) simply because there will be suspicions of a relationship, with everyones respective ages (actually I am just assuming that, but I want to cover all my bases).

frostbite

I just recently moved away. Before that we were friends since he was 5. My younger brother went to school with him. The 6 of us all used to hang out. Get your filthy pedophile mind out of the gutter-- there is nothing like that going on here!

Now back to the topic. Anyone have a REAL answer?

frostbite

Okay...sigh...The Mann Act comes into play when you bring a minor across state lines for sex....
I said suspicions.

Does the Mann Act apply to either gender? Wiki only gives the examples of women and girls for prostitution.

Either way no one in my house is bedding this kid, if they did I would kick their ass into next Wednesday. He is like my little brother and I want to get him out of a nasty home situation. I don't feel like my personal business and his applies to getting legal advice, so I am not getting any further into the whys and wherefors. All I want to know is, can I get him here? Can an emancipation go across state lines?

Just Blue

I just recently moved away. Before that we were friends since he was 5. My younger brother went to school with him. The 6 of us all used to hang out. Get your filthy pedophile mind out of the gutter-- there is nothing like that going on here!

Now back to the topic. Anyone have a REAL answer?
YOU are the one in your first post that said "Age of consent factors in (hence the title) simply because there will be suspicions of a relationship,".

BTW...Keep you "tone" civil or you can find your answers elsewhere!!

Just Blue

I said suspicions.

Does the Mann Act apply to either gender? Wiki only gives the examples of women and girls for prostitution.

Either way no one in my house is bedding this kid, if they did I would kick their ass into next Wednesday. He is like my little brother and I want to get him out of a nasty home situation. I don't feel like my personal business and his applies to getting legal advice, so I am not getting any further into the whys and wherefors. All I want to know is, can I get him here? Can an emancipation go across state lines?
Mann Act applies to boys as well...

If you do not want to provide the fact of the situation, how do you expect and accurate advice?
You can not have him go there with out his parents consent....Washington does not have an Emancipation Act and Oregon's he would not qualify.
You would be subject to criminal charges if he were to go to you without parental consent.

frostbite

EXCUSE ME? I post a legitimate question and get ripped into by some *******s with nothing better to do than troll and make snide remarks about nothing they know anything about-- and you are telling ME to watch MY tone? Fine, if thats how this place works I will leave. I do not want to deal with people who like to insult and make hits below the belt or disgusting perverted insinuations, without giving any real answers. My temper is done. Good bye.

Just Blue

EXCUSE ME? I post a legitimate question and get ripped into by some *******s with nothing better to do than troll and make snide remarks about nothing they know anything about-- and you are telling ME to watch MY tone? Fine, if thats how this place works I will leave. I do not want to deal with people who like to insult and make hits below the belt or disgusting perverted insinuations, without giving any real answers. My temper is done. Good bye.
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID " He wants to move here, in with myself and a mutual friend, female age 19. Age of consent factors in (hence the title) simply because there will be suspicions of a relationship, with everyones respective ages (actually I am just assuming that, but I want to cover all my bases)."

We DID NOT make assumptions!

moburkes

She still hasn't left. I didn't make any kind of insinuations. She came to a legal advice website, KNOWING that there is something wrong with what she is proposing, but just wanted to know exactly WHAT was wrong with the proposal.

What you are proposing is illegal. CAll me a troll if you'd like. I'll be a troll out of jail, while you'll be a sex crimes pervert inside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">