• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age of consent question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pacarox

What is the name of your state? Nevada

The age of consent in California is 18, the age of consent in Nevada is 16...If a 16 year old runs away from California to Nevada and stays there for a month or so ..which state takes precidence with regard to age of consent...the state the 16 y/o is IN or the state that the 16 y/o is FROM?

fairisfair

The age of consent in California is 18, the age of consent in Nevada is 16...If a 16 year old runs away from California to Nevada and stays there for a month or so ..which state takes precidence with regard to age of consent...the state the 16 y/o is IN or the state that the 16 y/o is FROM?
running away has nothing to do with the age of consent. :p

Just Blue

Well...it depends...Federal Law could take over...

Are you the guy she is running to? Are you sure you want to take the risk of the multiple charges that WILL be pressed against you? Can't you find a girl your own age to boff so you don't have to come on a legal board ? Or are you such a loser that you can only import under-aged little girls from another state??

P

pacarox

wow, why so hostile?...Im a foster mom with a runaway problem child and want to know where I stand legally...Im being told that when the child reaches 16 then that child can choose where they want to live...

Well...it depends...Federal Law could take over...

Are you the guy she is running to? Are you sure you want to take the risk of the multiple charges that WILL be pressed against you? Can't you find a girl your own age to boff so you don't have to come on a legal board ? Or are you such a loser that you can only import under-aged little girls from another state??

Just Blue

wow, why so hostile?...Im a foster mom with a runaway problem child and want to know where I stand legally...Im being told that when the child reaches 16 then that child can choose where they want to live...
You are a foster parent in Cali? The foster parent of this runaway? At 19? In another thread you are 19 and in NV.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=375776

P

pacarox

well...I want to thank everyone above for being so helpful and mature.

P

pacarox

I guess I will have to try to get some intelligent advice from another site. It is evident from the posts that everyone has left me, that all people on this site want to do is bash and no one has a legal background nor a rational answer to my question...I'd be ashamed and embarrassed if I were all of you, people come to this site with a legitimate question and needing answers and all everyone wants to do is pitch b/s....thats fine, enjoy your negative bitch sessions.

TinkerBelleLuvr

The CHILD is governed by the state of the parent/guardian who has custody of said CHILD. Only if the CHILD is emancipated by the courts are they free to leave.

Just Blue

I guess I will have to try to get some intelligent advice from another site. It is evident from the posts that everyone has left me, that all people on this site want to do is bash and no one has a legal background nor a rational answer to my question...I'd be ashamed and embarrassed if I were all of you, people come to this site with a legitimate question and needing answers and all everyone wants to do is pitch b/s....thats fine, enjoy your negative bitch sessions.
You are a liar, we can't help you if you lie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">