• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of Sexual Consent - Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Devon Rex

I am the legal custodian of my nephew who is 17 year old. Just found out he had sex with a 17 year old girl (in my HOUSE!!!). :eek: What are the legal implications of these two minors having sex in my house without my knowledge ? :confused:

I understand the legal age for sexual consent in Florida is 18, but there is also the "close-in-age" relationships... which I can't figure heads from tales. I am freaking out of what he is exposing me to (legally) !

Alex1176

I am the legal custodian of my nephew who is 17 year old. Just found out he had sex with a 17 year old girl (in my HOUSE!!!). :eek: What are the legal implications of these two minors having sex in my house without my knowledge ? :confused:

I understand the legal age for sexual consent in Florida is 18, but there is also the "close-in-age" relationships... which I can't figure heads from tales. I am freaking out of what he is exposing me to (legally) !

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

It means that, as far as the parents of the girl did not issue a restraining order against your nephew, both of you ok. But off course you have the full right not to allow him to have sex in your house or in any other place.

Devon Rex

Thank you so much for your response! Luckily, there is no restraining order. I truly believe this is their first time. As far as my nephew... he is getting an earful from me!

Thank you!!!!!

csi7

Also have him tested for STD, take him to the health department to get free condoms if the health department has this program in your county.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">