• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggravated assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpedbyanangel

What is the name of your state? kansas ok, my girlfriends 15 and she was called in as a runaway today. well when the cops came to pick her up, her mother started telling them about an event that happened two days earler. she was waving a knife at her brother and it cut his finger, he knew she was playing and everything. now, can this charge be legal? i mean, if she didnt report it when it first happened can my girlfriend still be charged with it? they are telling her shes going to have to spend a year in an adult prison for this charge, is that right for a juvenile?

CdwJava

If she waved a knife at someone and it cut him, that would be "assault with a deadly weapon" in my state - likely the same sort of thing in yours. Whether she could be charged as an adult or not is dependent upon your state's laws.

And it is not only stupid, but it is very dangerous to be waving a knife at someone even if they are "playing". It would appear that SOMEONE did not think she was playing around.

She really needs to get an attorney ASAP.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">