• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol given to minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTFletcher

Hi, my friend (under 18) supplied alcohol to a person under the age of 18, and she was hospitalized to to the effects of the alcohol given to her. Is this considered risk of injury to a minor? if not what charge would be given to my friend for doing this?

quincy

Hi, my friend (under 18) supplied alcohol to a person under the age of 18, and she was hospitalized to to the effects of the alcohol given to her. Is this considered risk of injury to a minor? if not what charge would be given to my friend for doing this?
What is the name of your state, CTFletcher? Laws vary in significant ways from state to state.

Also, was your friend the one who transported the ill minor to the hospital?

CTFletcher

What is the name of your state, CTFletcher? Laws vary in significant ways from state to state.

Also, was your friend the one who transported the ill minor to the hospital?

Im in Connecticut, and I believe the affected minor was transported to the hospital via Ambulance.

CdwJava

Your "friend" shouldn't be talking to you about this incident and since he or she is a minor, they need to ask their parents to pay for an attorney if the police come asking questions. This could be a very serious criminal offense!

quincy

Im in Connecticut, and I believe the affected minor was transported to the hospital via Ambulance.
Thank you for providing the name of your state, CTFletcher.

Your friend should not say anything to the police if they call or come to see him. Your friend should refuse to answer all questions and instead say he wishes to have an attorney speak for him. Then he should find an attorney.

The possible charges for providing alcohol to a minor can range from an infraction to a misdemeanor to a felony, depending on facts. A conviction on either a misdemeanor charge or a felony charge can affect your friend in all sorts of bad ways.

Although you answered my earlier question as I asked it, about who transported the minor to the hospital, I actually wanted to know if it was the friend who called for medical assistance for the minor after noticing the minor was reacting badly to the alcohol. If so, this can sometimes make a difference to the prosecutor when deciding what charges to file (if charges are forthcoming).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">