• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

allegations of inappropriate contact between siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

parents2011

allegations of inappropriate contact between siblings Please reply!!

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My 7 year old was in a red flag, green flag program at school. After which she was questioned by the school counselor alone, 3 seperate times. I recieved a call from this man stating there was inappropriate touching between my 7 year old and 14 year old. The guy told me, he was positive there was touching under all clothing. He also kept saying things like he could have remianed annonimous, but felt that God wanted him to reach out to me, and that he didn't want to "toot his own horn" but he thought he was doing a wonderful job. Which I found odd.

He made a report to social services, but I'd like to add that he waited a full 24 hours right up to the minute to report it, he stated he was mandated to report it within 24 hours, and also that he had slept on it to decide what the right thing to do was.

I was horrified and took his call very seriously. I spoke to my 7 year old, and she told me a completely different story, and said she has no idea where this guy got the idea that this had happened. She says all she told him was that her sister bullied (called her names and was mean) her sometimes.

Social Services wants me to bring my 7 year old in for an interview. I would like to know what my legal rights are in connection with this. My husband is leary to allow the interview, we have never been through anything like this. We are concerned of the impact this is having on both of our children involved and are wondering if we need to concent to the interview, and what could happen if we don't.

Please don't misunderstand****************************.if this had actually occured, we would want any and all help we could get for both children involved. My sister was molested as a child and I know the lasting impact that something like this can have. I am a stay at home mother and have a wonderful relationship with all of my children, I have spoken with both children involved in this case and I am satisfied that nothing of this nature has ever happened. We have heard horror stories of CPS getting involved in cases like this and ripping families apart only to eventually conculde nothing was amiss to begin with. I don't want my children to be tramatized anymore then they already have been. Any advice would be greatly apprieciated!

Last edited:

mistoffolees

I would definitely talk with an attorney. A quick consultation won't cost you much.

As a general rule, cooperating with CPS is usually a good idea when there's nothing to hide. There are, however, exceptions and the attorney can tell you if this is one.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My 7 year old was in a red flag, green flag program at school. After which she was questioned by the school counselor alone, 3 seperate times. I recieved a call from this man stating there was inappropriate touching between my 7 year old and 14 year old. The guy told me, he was positive there was touching under all clothing. He also kept saying things like he could have remianed annonimous, but felt that God wanted him to reach out to me, and that he didn't want to "toot his own horn" but he thought he was doing a wonderful job. Which I found odd.

He made a report to social services, but I'd like to add that he waited a full 24 hours right up to the minute to report it, he stated he was mandated to report it within 24 hours, and also that he had slept on it to decide what the right thing to do was.

I was horrified and took his call very seriously. I spoke to my 7 year old, and she told me a completely different story, and said she has no idea where this guy got the idea that this had happened. She says all she told him was that her sister bullied (called her names and was mean) her sometimes.

Social Services wants me to bring my 7 year old in for an interview. I would like to know what my legal rights are in connection with this. My husband is leary to allow the interview, we have never been through anything like this. We are concerned of the impact this is having on both of our children involved and are wondering if we need to concent to the interview, and what could happen if we don't.

Please don't misunderstand****************************.if this had actually occured, we would want any and all help we could get for both children involved. My sister was molested as a child and I know the lasting impact that something like this can have. I am a stay at home mother and have a wonderful relationship with all of my children, I have spoken with both children involved in this case and I am satisfied that nothing of this nature has ever happened. We have heard horror stories of CPS getting involved in cases like this and ripping families apart only to eventually conculde nothing was amiss to begin with. I don't want my children to be tramatized anymore then they already have been. Any advice would be greatly apprieciated!
What is a "red flag-green flag program"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">