• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i legally able to evict my 17 year old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Helpin Tn

i am in the state of tenn and i have adopted my 17 year old brother. he has behavioral issues and has been kicked out of schools and programs all over florida before he came to live with me, my husband and two very young toddlers. I was told beforehand that he was having some issues involving anger and plain out not really caring about anything. i have tried to be as understanding as possible with still keeping my ground rules. he doesnt care about trying for his ged or making something out of himself. please tell me what i can do before this really gets out of hand and he loses control. i am also worried that he is back into the whole drug and alcohol circle again. i am scared to let this keep going on**************.please, please help me.:confused::(

Just Blue

i am in the state of tenn and i have adopted my 17 year old brother. he has behavioral issues and has been kicked out of schools and programs all over florida before he came to live with me, my husband and two very young toddlers. I was told beforehand that he was having some issues involving anger and plain out not really caring about anything. i have tried to be as understanding as possible with still keeping my ground rules. he doesnt care about trying for his ged or making something out of himself. please tell me what i can do before this really gets out of hand and he loses control. i am also worried that he is back into the whole drug and alcohol circle again. i am scared to let this keep going on**************.please, please help me.:confused::(
If you adopted your brother, he is no longer your brother he is your son...And no you can't evict your minor child.
If he is acting out you need to get him into counseling and if he is having issues with drugs you need to place him in a rehab facility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">