• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another MIP question ahhh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bradhcky91

What is the name of your state?DETROIT MICHIGAN,

Hey guys i have a question about a recent MIP my friend got. He was with two other people coming home from a movie speeding, they got pulled over, the drive blew over a .10 (under 21) he blew a .89 he was then issued a ticket and said there was nobody that could pick him up and they eventually took him home. Don't you have to sober up before they can let you go home? Thanks,
-Brad

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not if they take him home so that he's not still driving under the influence. Or if someone picks him up.

Bradhcky91

He would be taken to the morgue, not home, with a BAC that high.
sorry, he blew a .089*** he is 18 he had no ID at all when it was all going on. He was given the ticket and his friends mom picked him up from his where they got pulled over and took him home. Anyone else I have heard of had to sober up before they were they were released, I'm not sure if the others were under 18 just wondering how it works? Sorry about all the spelling errors guys...

The Occultist

sorry, he blew a .089*** he is 18 he had no ID at all when it was all going on. He was given the ticket and his friends mom picked him up from his where they got pulled over and took him home. Anyone else I have heard of had to sober up before they were they were released, I'm not sure if the others were under 18 just wondering how it works? Sorry about all the spelling errors guys...
That's at the officer's discretion. If he feels that leaving the drunkard free to his own devices may lead to safety concerns, either the individual's or the public's, then yes, the officer may detain him. If, however, the individual is calm and seems somewhat in control, the officer may choose to release him.

first you said, he was then issued a ticket and said there was nobody that could pick him up and they eventually took him home.
then you said, He was given the ticket and his friends mom picked him up from his where they got pulled over and took him home.

so which is it? and why does it matter anyway? if you're looking for some sort of defense for your friend, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

and ps, detroit is not a state.

Bradhcky91

Hey guys im sorry for the dumb questions just his mom is mentally unstable and just went through a divorce. She has very little money and I just though he had to go to the police station and get booked and or sober up before he was able to go home. Just trying to make it as clear as possible before he tells her because she has no job and has about $2000 living in a expensive neighborhood so this is really going to affect her. So does he have to go to court or can he just pay the ticket and be done with it? Again sorry about the errors I am a very sloppy writer. Thanks,

-Brad

The Occultist

If he is simply under 21, there is no reason to get mommy involved. If he is also under 18, then mommy will most certainly have to be involved.

As for being required to appear in court, what does the ticket say? When he called the court and asked this question, what was he told?

Bradhcky91

because he lives with his mom and he is leaving for St Louis for school and he has no money, so if he had to come back for court his mom would have to be involved and she would probably end up finding out anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">