• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rasp66

What is the name of your state? Minnesota.

I had a question awhile ago that asked:

"I am 15 years old and last night a friend and I were drinking. My sister got the alcohol from a friend of a friend. My mom caught us and called the cops. On the breathalyzer I was a .06 and my friend was a .08. What will happen to us? What is court going to be like? And what should I do?"

And you guys gave me great answers, thank you. But I have another question. My sister provided us the alcohol. But she got it from a friend of a friend. And the cops want to question her, the cop has called several times but all the times he called we weren't home. So, do we HAVE to talk to the cop? Or can we ignore him?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your sister should get an attorney. Ignoring the situation will NOT make it go away and your sister can find herself in greater trouble.

Bretagne

Sis shouldn't talk to the cops. She has a 5th amendment right not to incriminate herself here. She should get an attorney to talk to the cops for her, and to handle the matter.

She could get charged with a misdemeanor-level offense of providing alcohol to minors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">