• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any legalities for 16yr. son not attending school for 2 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

horselistner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan and Tennessee.
My 16 year old son has not been attending school for 2 months. When we were living in Mi the school was very well aware of the problems I was having with my son's attendance. They were in touch with his counselor and MD. The truency/disiplinarian advised me since I was able to provide documentation they would not pursue court appearances for his attendance. We moved to Tennessee in Dec. and my son is ready to try school. I was wondering if I will face any legal charges. I need to contact the school in Mi to ask for his vaccine and medical records to be sent so I can start the process of enrolling him in the TN. school district.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">