• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal- Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

i admitted in juvenile court a month ago on 2 counts 12020a for selling brass knuckles which is a felony, no one told me that i have to pay state restitution of $200.

is that a reasonable explaination for appeal.

facts about metal knuckles:

either completely legal or at most misdemeanors in all other 49 states

12020a is known as a wobbler

if i appeal would the judge decide that metal knuckles are misdemeanors instead of felony?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/9890117/2.jpg

CdwJava

An appeal will not lower the conviction from a misdemeanor to a felony. And not knowing you had to pay restitution is not grounds for appeal to my knowledge. I bet your attorney knew. Sue him if he didn't tell you.

Usually the courts state that you will be responsible for fines and restituion ... you, your attorney, and/or your parents signed documents to that effect.

And how can someone so young just keep running afoul of the law? Are you trying to get into the Guiness Book for the most criminal charges prior to adulthood?

- Carl

CdwJava said:
An appeal will not lower the conviction from a misdemeanor to a felony. And not knowing you had to pay restitution is not grounds for appeal to my knowledge. I bet your attorney knew. Sue him if he didn't tell you.

Usually the courts state that you will be responsible for fines and restituion ... you, your attorney, and/or your parents signed documents to that effect.

And how can someone so young just keep running afoul of the law? Are you trying to get into the Guiness Book for the most criminal charges prior to adulthood?

- Carl
that was all in 1 incident haha

CdwJava

On what grounds do you want to appeal? Disliking the sentence is NOT grounds to appeal.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">