• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Application for a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xxjaniexx

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I just went to the DMV to get a disable placard for my 10 year old daughter, so that I will be able to park in handicapped spots when she is with me. The application is a simple one, signed by a doctor, with her information. I signed the application.

I was told by the DMV that my daughter had to sign this form or I would have to get a power of attorney to sign for her. I am furious, as her parent, I should be able to sign for her. I am not divorced from her father and we are both have legal authority to act or sign on her behalf.

Is this right that they sent me away? How can a child (10 year old), sign an application? Isnt this a contract of sorts, and to my knowledge, it was not legal for a child to enter into a contract. The form DOES state her age. What is the problem?

Thanks

garrula lingua

Why are you so incensed ?

Driving is a privilege, not a right, and the handicapped placard has specific requirements.
Follow DMV's requirements for a placard, or, do without it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">