• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault and Battery/Self Defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ascendancy

My State is Massachusetts.

If a guy touches my girlfriend inappropriately, such as pulls down her pants, grabs her boobs, whatever you want to consider sexual harassment, can I be sued if I put some kind of force onto him in order to get him to stop?

BelizeBreeze

My State is Massachusetts.

If a guy touches my girlfriend inappropriately, such as pulls down her pants, grabs her boobs, whatever you want to consider sexual harassment, can I be sued if I put some kind of force onto him in order to get him to stop?
We don't do homework and we don't give permission to hit. nice try though.

ascendancy

There's a lot more than once, but a kid went up to my girlfriend and completely pulled down her pants and slapped her ass, knowing that I am with her. She obviously didn't like this, which right there is sexual harassment. I am asking if I can use force, I don't mean deck him in the face, I mean use force in order to remove him away from my girlfriend.

BelizeBreeze

There's a lot more than once, but a kid went up to my girlfriend and completely pulled down her pants and slapped her ass, knowing that I am with her. She obviously didn't like this, which right there is sexual harassment. I am asking if I can use force, I don't mean deck him in the face, I mean use force in order to remove him away from my girlfriend.
And what are you protecting her from that she can't protect herself from?

CdwJava

What kind of pants does she wear that someone can just sneak up and drop 'em? And why does this seem to be a repeat problem for her?

She can call the police and ask that the offender charged with a crime if she chooses. If you use force to toss the guy away you could be arrested for battery. Whether your actions would be considered some form of justifiable use of force would depend on the specific fact set and the laws in MA.

The best solution might be to buy her a belt.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">