• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault in minnestoa - 15yr old boy against 22yrs old women

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chrissiet

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My friend is 15yrs old and was Incarcerated last night after an incident had occured at his home the previous night.

His brother had invited over a group of friends all under 21 except a certain female. she brought over alot of alcohal and tried to get everyone to drink with her. by the end of the night she was completely intoxicated and was getting violent. She had Punched someone twice and my friend had then tried to get her to leave his residence. as he walked her outised she then refused to leave and said she was going to hit him. He repeated aproximently 15 times to "get your **** and go" but she refused and started to get very angry. he grabbed her hands so she couldnt swing and she started to bite him and kick him. He pushed her away and she started swinging. He grabbed her again trying to restrain her although he is only 15 and she began biting and kicking him again forcing him to let go. when he let go she had punched him twice in the face and he hit the 21 yr old female back. they fought for about 2 min until she fell on the ground and began to kick him. he grabbed her feet and just held her there, until she stopped then I told him to go inside. and she went home.

the police found her after neighbors had callled the police and brought her to the hospital for a broken nose. he is getting charged by the district now and we dont know what to do or what kind of trouble he could get into? i've looked on the internet and havent found anything. He is already on probation as well. I beleive it was self defense and there were 4 other witnesses, What is the most likely outcome? And what would be the best thing to do since he is underaged and i doubt his mother will get him an attorny.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He broke her nose. He should have walked away into his house and closed and locked the door. Had he been drinking as well? Look for his probation to be revoked (if it hasn't been) and for him to charged with assault.

Chrissiet

Assault 1 :
A person commits the crime of assault in the first degree if the person intentionally causes serious physical injury to another by means of a deadly or dangerous weapon.

He didnt do assault 1 and if the police had done any investigation that would be easily proven.

Chrissiet

he had court today and they dropped it down to third degree assault that he pled not guilty to and now has court on June 2 to determine what final charges he will get. im just wondering what those final charges have a possibility of being?

Chrissiet

Alright well thanks anyways. but when they are pressing charges of third degree assault they cant go back and make them into 1st or 2nd degrees can they?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Alright well thanks anyways. but when they are pressing charges of third degree assault they cant go back and make them into 1st or 2nd degrees can they?
Sure they can, under the right circumstances.
Your friend needs to be talking to his lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">