• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attempted Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cowman

What is the name of your state? Illinois

If somebody is trying to get something out of an unlocked garage, gets caught, and then the person whos garage it is chases the person down and attempts to beat them with a metal baseball bat, but is not able to catch the around 13 year old theives and throws the bat as a last attempt at hitting them, but misses, I know the theives could be in trouble, but what about the person with the bat. If they tried to do that when they were clearly out of the persons lawn and down the street, could the person with the bat be charged for anything, and if so, for what. Thanks a lot for the help.

LAWMAN-2

cowman said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

If somebody is trying to get something out of an unlocked garage, gets caught, and then the person whos garage it is chases the person down and attempts to beat them with a metal baseball bat, but is not able to catch the around 13 year old theives and throws the bat as a last attempt at hitting them, but misses, I know the theives could be in trouble, but what about the person with the bat. If they tried to do that when they were clearly out of the persons lawn and down the street, could the person with the bat be charged for anything, and if so, for what. Thanks a lot for the help.

My response:

Who are YOU in this situation?

IAAL

cowman

Guys, this is a serious thing. It was one of my friends that was in the situation and I am trying to help him out.

S

shell007

cowman said:
Guys, this is a serious thing. It was one of my friends that was in the situation and I am trying to help him out.
Than answer post #2. If you want real answers...tell the real story.

No scenario's or hypothetical questions.

YR junky

This is not a matter of self-defense, so the batter could be charged with assault and battery. Calling the police would be advised, or notifying the parents.

fairisfair

YR junky said:
This is not a matter of self-defense, so the batter could be charged with assault and battery. Calling the police would be advised, or notifying the parents.
Haha, assault and "battery" I knew someone was going to say that. Yes, please, call the police, let them know that your friend is either a would be thief, or Babe Ruth on steroids, oh wait, that would be**************um**************..what's his name?? (Yes, I do know his name)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">