• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ Teacher Student law help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ambereden

In Arizona

My wife and I just learned tonight that our daughters flag waging classes coach had taken all the girls to his house after the parade. And took pictures of the girls in the bathroom puting makeup on, dressing up there hair, getting uniforms out of a closet, showing off his farets and pets, and then posted them on the internet. We never had any knowledge of this after parade home visit. There was evin a picture of the school bus out in front of his house.

Does Arizona condone this act? Does Arizone have that much trust in there teachers? Has a teacher ever been labeld as a peap in tom? Has a teacher in Arizona ever been arested for child misconduct? As a father of 4 girls, I know I would never be able to live with what other parents we have all read about and seen on TV, when there little girls have been hurt in any way...

The reason for this posting is because my wife and I want to take this teacher to court, have the locals know that the parades are not the only event there kids are going to when they are with this teacher, have the newspapers print a collum on this? And invite every parent out there that is to busy working to get by, think about what there kids are dooing. Do I have any grounds in Arizona?

We learned about all this... Not from our daughter, but from a photo website he posted....

I want to take action on this so called Perverted, peaping tom teacher, that other parents, myself, and Arizona are trusting.

PLEASE HELP US!!!!

And in the end im sure he is just a real nice guy that is just a kid at heart. Just like all the other nice people that are registerd around all our towns.

Antigone*

In Arizona

My wife and I just learned tonight that our daughters flag waging classes coach had taken all the girls to his house after the parade. And took pictures of the girls in the bathroom puting makeup on, dressing up there hair, getting uniforms out of a closet, showing off his farets and pets, and then posted them on the internet. We never had any knowledge of this after parade home visit. There was evin a picture of the school bus out in front of his house.

Does Arizona condone this act? Does Arizone have that much trust in there teachers? Has a teacher ever been labeld as a peap in tom? Has a teacher in Arizona ever been arested for child misconduct? As a father of 4 girls, I know I would never be able to live with what other parents we have all read about and seen on TV, when there little girls have been hurt in any way...

The reason for this posting is because my wife and I want to take this teacher to court, have the locals know that the parades are not the only event there kids are going to when they are with this teacher, have the newspapers print a collum on this? And invite every parent out there that is to busy working to get by, think about what there kids are dooing. Do I have any grounds in Arizona?

We learned about all this... Not from our daughter, but from a photo website he posted....

I want to take action on this so called Perverted, peaping tom teacher, that other parents, myself, and Arizona are trusting.

PLEASE HELP US!!!!

And in the end im sure he is just a real nice guy that is just a kid at heart. Just like all the other nice people that are registerd around all our towns.
What did the school say when you brought this to their attention?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In Arizona

Are you saying the pictures were inappropriate (content-wise)? Or, was it a bunch of girls putting on make-up (etc) who just happened to be in a bathroom?
If the girls were fully clothed and this was just a bunch of group pictures showing the activities of the class, then I don't think there's anything wrong (content-wise). As for the posting...that may very well be improper. What did the coach say when you asked him to take down the photos of your child?

Also, as you were asked above - what is the school's response?

ETA: I am NOT condoning inappropriate behavior, but taking pictures of a group of kids doesn't automatically mean there's a pedophile behind the camera.

ambereden

We have not brought it to there attention yhet. My wife wanted t send a email to the teacher when we learned about the website, but I never sent it. I know how anger can cloud your judgment. So now I am looking for answers, help, and gidance. I personaley am upset because a school trip should not include someones house. We were never notified, and then the thought of all the different types of bad people in the world dont help my feelings right now. My wife on the other hand... Well just like the old saying "Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn" Our daughter is only a freshmen and 15. Is there a law aginst this? This is the type of teacher that gives information to the student to relay to us... No letters home. Calls are never returned. And if called enough, we get and attitude and told to schedule a meeting. We moved to this state from CAlifornia. In hopes of makeing a better and safer life for our girls. It looks like I faild in my choice. But for right now. My wife wants action taken and I need to be the level headed one and make sure all our eggs are lined up.

ambereden

Are you saying the pictures were inappropriate (content-wise)? Or, was it a bunch of girls putting on make-up (etc) who just happened to be in a bathroom?
If the girls were fully clothed and this was just a bunch of group pictures showing the activities of the class, then I don't think there's anything wrong (content-wise). As for the posting...that may very well be improper. What did the coach say when you asked him to take down the photos of your child?
ok... yes... All the pictures were just the kids puting on makeup and being kids. He had one section labeld "In the closet" with 5 pictures of just 4 different girls getting uniforms out of the closet. And another section labeld "at Mr P house" And then the rest were of just the other school events. I hope one of you have children. With the news and all the freaks out there. Unless the teacher is a friend, you can understand why,when we are told an event is going to be over at 7pm and down the road we learn that the event ended sooner and the teacher thought it would be ok to take all thease girls to his house without telling the parents. WOW... Im getting upset again. I am a Good husbend and if you ask my kids... at times I can be a great dad. But... wow... OK so since he did not post any in-propper pictures then I guess he did nothing wrong. But that is just all I know.

I guess what you are telling me is that since all the pictures were not perverse or since the pictures he posted were not of any body parts. Then he has done nothing wrong. But what if _____________________? How am I ever to know? So now all I can do is to go down to her school and yell at the teacher and the principal/? And have them remove the pictures he did post.

is it ok for the teachers of AZ to take students to there home without the oarents consent?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ok... yes... All the pictures were just the kids puting on makeup and being kids. He had one section labeld "In the closet" with 5 pictures of just 4 different girls getting uniforms out of the closet. And another section labeld "at Mr P house" And then the rest were of just the other school events. I hope one of you have children. With the news and all the freaks out there. Unless the teacher is a friend, you can understand why,when we are told an event is going to be over at 7pm and down the road we learn that the event ended sooner and the teacher thought it would be ok to take all thease girls to his house without telling the parents. WOW... Im getting upset again. I am a Good husbend and if you ask my kids... at times I can be a great dad. But... wow... OK so since he did not post any in-propper pictures then I guess he did nothing wrong. But that is just all I know.

I guess what you are telling me is that since all the pictures were not perverse or since the pictures he posted were not of any body parts. Then he has done nothing wrong. But what if _____________________? How am I ever to know? So now all I can do is to go down to her school and yell at the teacher and the principal/? And have them remove the pictures he did post.

is it ok for the teachers of AZ to take students to there home without the oarents consent?
When I was a kid, we went to more than one teacher's house on occasion...I remember, specifically, swim parties. Of course, we *did* have permission slips, but by the same token, I know for a FACT that some of the parent's didn't know where their kid was.

So, as to taking the kids to his house without your permission...speak to the school.

As to the pictures - feel free to ask that the pics of YOUR child be taken down. But, pictures of a school activity are harmless. I'm NOT saying that you shouldn't be concerned, but from this outsider's viewpoint, I think this might be something you are blowing out of proportion.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm curious - if it was AFTER the parade, why were they putting on makeup and getting costumes? That makes no sense. :confused:

I think the only issue(s) that have legs are his posting the pix on a private web page (as opposed to the school's page) and that he apparently took the girls to his place w/o permission slips. Are you SURE that there weren't any sent home? Is it possible - since your daughter didn't tell you about it - that she knew you'd say no, so forged your signature? I'd talk to her before bursting into the principal's office. I'm betting that, since you only found out tonight and the parade was at least a week ago (if not more) there is more to this that you don't know. And I don't mean in a perverse way - but that your daughter has not told you the entire truth. HAVE you talked to her?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">