• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being accused of stealing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdeanbol

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

Alright so one kid had his subwoofers stolen and another had his broken because someone couldn't get them out. Well they are blaming me for this, the kid filed a report already and I am 17. This is the second time I have been reported for stealing stuff. I didn't even know the place they were talking about the first time. The kid said if it wasn't me then who was it? I know the town I live in people car hop a ton and thats why my cars are locked. I am mostly worried because I was driving all over town that night and don't really have a good alibi. But if they don't have anything physical evidence am I alright? I didn't do it and I can't be more clear on that. I am trying to join the Navy so I can't do any more stupid stuff. He keeps telling me everyone is telling him that I did it and that I told everyone I did. I feel like the kids in my school don't like me so maybe that's why they are saying its me. What do you think will happen?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

Alright so one kid had his subwoofers stolen and another had his broken because someone couldn't get them out. Well they are blaming me for this, the kid filed a report already and I am 17. This is the second time I have been reported for stealing stuff. I didn't even know the place they were talking about the first time. The kid said if it wasn't me then who was it? I know the town I live in people car hop a ton and thats why my cars are locked. I am mostly worried because I was driving all over town that night and don't really have a good alibi. But if they don't have anything physical evidence am I alright? I didn't do it and I can't be more clear on that. I am trying to join the Navy so I can't do any more stupid stuff. He keeps telling me everyone is telling him that I did it and that I told everyone I did. I feel like the kids in my school don't like me so maybe that's why they are saying its me. What do you think will happen?
Who knows? It sounds to me that, while they may suspect you committed the crimes, they have no solid evidence. Chances are that the police will agree with them once they complete their investigation.

My suggestion is that if the police come to question you about the incidents, you exercise your right to remain silent. If they arrest you, insist on having an attorney present before answering any questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">