• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boys Cell and up skirt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmbjk

What is the name of your state? GA
My son 15y/o used his cell phone to take a picture under a girls dress. I was shown the pics, and the girl was sitting at her desk in a skirt. The only thing that is visible are her legs. More would be seen in a bathing suit. He was immeadiately caught, and in school suspention for 10 days was determined to be imposed the beginning of the next school year by a dicipline hearing officer. The deputy that works at the school said that the DA is going to charge him with O.C.G.A. 16-12-100 section 5B (Sexual exploitation of children). I have read the law, and dont believe it fits the actions that happened. Does the DA have a case, and what punishment if found true should we expect? Please review the law posted below.

� 16-12-100. Sexual exploitation of children; reporting violation; forfeiture; penalties

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:

(1) "Minor" means any person under the age of 18 years.

(2) "Performance" means any play, dance, or exhibit to be shown to or viewed by an audience.

(3) "Producing" means producing, directing, manufacturing, issuing, or publishing.

(4) "Sexually explicit conduct" means actual or simulated:

(A) Sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;

(B) Bestiality;

(C) Masturbation;

(D) Lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;

(E) Flagellation or torture by or upon a person who is nude;

(F) Condition of being fettered, bound, or otherwise physically restrained on the part of a person who is nude;

(G) Physical contact in an act of apparent sexual stimulation or gratification with any person's unclothed genitals, pubic area, or buttocks or with a female's nude breasts;

(H) Defecation or urination for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer; or

(I) Penetration of the vagina or rectum by any object except when done as part of a recognized medical procedure.

(5) "Visual medium" means any film, photograph, negative, slide, magazine, or other visual medium.
(b)(1) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to employ, use, persuade, induce, entice, or coerce any minor to engage in or assist any other person to engage in any sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing any visual medium depicting such conduct.

(2) It is unlawful for any parent, legal guardian, or person having custody or control of a minor knowingly to permit the minor to engage in or to assist any other person to engage in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing any visual medium depicting such conduct.

(3) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to employ, use, persuade, induce, entice, or coerce any minor to engage in or assist any other person to engage in any sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of any performance.

(4) It is unlawful for any parent, legal guardian, or person having custody or control of a minor knowingly to permit the minor to engage in or to assist any other person to engage in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of any performance.

(5) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to create, reproduce, publish, promote, sell, distribute, give, exhibit, or possess with intent to sell or distribute any visual medium which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct.

(6) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to advertise, sell, purchase, barter, or exchange any medium which provides information as to where any visual medium which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct can be found or purchased.

(7) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to bring or cause to be brought into this state any material which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct.

(8) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to possess or control any material which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct.

Silverplum

My son 15y/o used his cell phone to take a picture under a girls dress. I was shown the pics, and the girl was sitting at her desk in a skirt. The only thing that is visible are her legs. More would be seen in a bathing suit. He was immeadiately caught, and in school suspention for 10 days was determined to be imposed the beginning of the next school year by a dicipline hearing officer. The deputy that works at the school said that the DA is going to charge him with O.C.G.A. 16-12-100 section 5B (Sexual exploitation of children). I have read the law, and dont believe it fits the actions that happened. Does the DA have a case, and what punishment if found true should we expect?
I can only imagine this post written by the parent of the GIRL. :rolleyes: :eek: :(

Would it be okay with YOU if it was YOUR daughter whose photo was taken against her knowledge or will?? Even IF "more would be seen in a bathing suit"?????

I'll bet not. :mad:

kmbjk

I can only imagine this post written by the parent of the GIRL. :rolleyes: :eek: :(

Would it be okay with YOU if it was YOUR daughter whose photo was taken against her knowledge or will?? Even IF "more would be seen in a bathing suit"?????

I'll bet not. :mad:
Lets get one thing clear. I stated the facts, and asked for sound advice, not your sided opinion. I believe that what he did was wrong, but the boy has never been in any trouble before. Given that, I HAVE and AM administering punishment as a parent should. Now if you would like to give facts and advice instead of YOUR judgement I'd be glad to listen, otherwise keep your comments to yourself. That goes for anyone else that wishes to chime in on this persons band wagon.

fairisfair

well, guess what???? the comments are free, along with the advice.

YOU don't get to decide who posts here.... WE DO.

So it could be everybody.....or.....it could be nobody.....

you choose.:mad:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Lets get one thing clear. I stated the facts, and asked for sound advice, not your sided opinion. I believe that what he did was wrong, but the boy has never been in any trouble before. Given that, I HAVE and AM administering punishment as a parent should. Now if you would like to give facts and advice instead of YOUR judgement I'd be glad to listen, otherwise keep your comments to yourself. That goes for anyone else that wishes to chime in on this persons band wagon.
Your son has an absolutely warped sense of right and wrong. This is learned. And your further attitude is reinforcing what he has already been taught.
Have you hired the lawyer yet?

Silverplum

It's a public board, lady. :rolleyes: Hundreds of us can chime in with our opinions.

Meanwhile, you have studiously avoided my question. We all knew the answer, anyway. ;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have given facts. You may not like it but this could result in your son having to register as a sexual offender. He sexually violated an individual. That is a fact. You may think it is no big deal but it is.

So have you done the following:
Taken away his cell phone -- permanently?
Enrolled him in counseling
hired an attorney?

And you can quit being so defensive or you will be doing your son NO FAVORS. he committed a crime.

seniorjudge

My son 15y/o used his cell phone to take a picture under a girls dress. I was shown the pics, and the girl was sitting at her desk in a skirt. The only thing that is visible are her legs. More would be seen in a bathing suit. He was immeadiately caught, and in school suspention for 10 days was determined to be imposed the beginning of the next school year by a dicipline hearing officer. The deputy that works at the school said that the DA is going to charge him with O.C.G.A. 16-12-100 section 5B (Sexual exploitation of children). I have read the law, and dont believe it fits the actions that happened. Does the DA have a case, and what punishment if found true should we expect? Please review the law posted below.

� 16-12-100. Sexual exploitation of children; reporting violation; forfeiture; penalties

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:

(1) "Minor" means any person under the age of 18 years.

(2) "Performance" means any play, dance, or exhibit to be shown to or viewed by an audience.

(3) "Producing" means producing, directing, manufacturing, issuing, or publishing.

(4) "Sexually explicit conduct" means actual or simulated:

(A) Sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex;

(B) Bestiality;

(C) Masturbation;

(D) Lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;

(E) Flagellation or torture by or upon a person who is nude;

(F) Condition of being fettered, bound, or otherwise physically restrained on the part of a person who is nude;

(G) Physical contact in an act of apparent sexual stimulation or gratification with any person's unclothed genitals, pubic area, or buttocks or with a female's nude breasts;

(H) Defecation or urination for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer; or

(I) Penetration of the vagina or rectum by any object except when done as part of a recognized medical procedure.

(5) "Visual medium" means any film, photograph, negative, slide, magazine, or other visual medium.
(b)(1) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to employ, use, persuade, induce, entice, or coerce any minor to engage in or assist any other person to engage in any sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing any visual medium depicting such conduct.

(2) It is unlawful for any parent, legal guardian, or person having custody or control of a minor knowingly to permit the minor to engage in or to assist any other person to engage in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing any visual medium depicting such conduct.

(3) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to employ, use, persuade, induce, entice, or coerce any minor to engage in or assist any other person to engage in any sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of any performance.

(4) It is unlawful for any parent, legal guardian, or person having custody or control of a minor knowingly to permit the minor to engage in or to assist any other person to engage in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of any performance.

(5) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to create, reproduce, publish, promote, sell, distribute, give, exhibit, or possess with intent to sell or distribute any visual medium which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct.

(6) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to advertise, sell, purchase, barter, or exchange any medium which provides information as to where any visual medium which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct can be found or purchased.

(7) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to bring or cause to be brought into this state any material which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct.

(8) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to possess or control any material which depicts a minor or a portion of a minor's body engaged in any sexually explicit conduct.
Okay, folks, I don't think the kid's actions come under this statute.

Probably others, but I am not sure.

Anyway, poster, get the kid a lawyer.

fairisfair

Okay, folks, I don't think the kid's actions come under this statute.

Probably others, but I am not sure.

Anyway, poster, get the kid a lawyer.
hey!!! we didn't charge him....grin...

I woulda charged him with no sense of right and wrong, acting like a fool, headed to be in jail for some kinda social crime if he doesn't learn respect for other people statute.

which one is that???:confused:

CdwJava

I have to agree with SJ - I don't see this particular offense articulated within the quoted section ... at least, not without stretching the definitions to their limits. However, there might be case law that applies this section to the actions, but I don't see it as posted.

- Carl

seniorjudge

I have to agree with SJ - I don't see this particular offense articulated within the quoted section ... at least, not without stretching the definitions to their limits. However, there might be case law that applies this section to the actions, but I don't see it as posted.

- Carl
Now we're both in trouble!:D

But, seriously, the government has immense power and individuals do not.

If the government is going to charge someone, then it needs to be done right.

It is better for one guilty person to go free than for the government to abuse our civil liberties.

Just Blue

- Carl
Could the DA be charging as he is due to the intent of OP's son? His intent was to take a pic of the girls (fill in the blank)...He wasn't successful but he still had intent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">