• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burglary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kilste

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My wifes brother is a minor and was put in Eckerd wilderness camp where he and some friends entered a building at night which know one was in at the time without consent - they didn't take anything from the building - he then left and went outside to a fridge which was unlocked and took some soft drinks, beer and some chocolate - there was staff on site but no staff to supervise them, he is now facing charges for burglary can anyone please give me advise on this situation

Are you trying to imply it was the staff's fault that he violated curfew, broke into a building and stole?

I'm not clear as to the advice that you are seeking.

kilste

Bu

Well in my eyes i know he done wrong, but they put in the camp for a reason and i think if the staff wasn't doing their jobs and he was under their supervision then they should take some of the blame because the camp is for problem children - plus can you really call it burglary?

so the answer to your question do i think its the staffs fault then yes i would - i would just like to know how the law really stands on a minor in whats meant to be a controlled situation if he or she done something wrong is really down to the child?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well in my eyes i know he done wrong, but they put in the camp for a reason and i think if the staff wasn't doing their jobs and he was under their supervision then they should take some of the blame because the camp is for problem children - plus can you really call it burglary?
You are kidding, right? This child is not supervised 100% of the time -- that is possible unless he is locked in a prison cell. Would you prefer that? And yes it is easily burglary!

so the answer to your question do i think its the staffs fault then yes i would - i would just like to know how the law really stands on a minor in whats meant to be a controlled situation if he or she done something wrong is really down to the child?
Yep. Because the child should know that stealing and breaking and entering is against the law. Most kindergarteners know that. So how old is this child agaiN?

kilste

Yeah i guess your right - coz if it was me i would have them supervised %100 of the time thats why i think they should take some of the blame thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah i guess your right - coz if it was me i would have them supervised %100 of the time thats why i think they should take some of the blame thanks
Then why don't you take the misguided lad into your home and do that? Come back when he's robbed you blind. Seriously - when do people stop making excuses for kids who screw up?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">