• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinkie

CALIFORNIA

hi there
im 15 years old, coming close to 16, i have a regular 16 year old job, dont make much but i make enough. My family life is not in the best shape. I would really like to start beauty school soon beec thats what i want to do in life. My dad is all for emancipation but i had a few questions

ive been working at my new job for about about a month, is that good?
I know u have to give a reason of why id be better off, would the fact i want to continue onto beauty school be legitimate?
Is it true that my grades will affect a decision?
Is there a certain amount of money i have to make>?

thank you, i appreciate the help

pinkie

im sorry if i seem ignorant or like im not trying, but ive been searching all dya and calling all over and i cant find any answers, thank you though, if anyone else has any help i trruelly appreciate it

Shay-Pari'e

im sorry if i seem ignorant or like im not trying, but ive been searching all dya and calling all over and i cant find any answers, thank you though, if anyone else has any help i trruelly appreciate it[

If you cannot search out the emancipation laws for your state, then honestly you should not be emancipated for any reason.

Again,

GOOGLE is your friend.

pinkie

i have already been on all the necesary sites telling me the req's. I was just curious if my school grades wll hae any affect on the emancipation

CdwJava

pinkie said:
hi there
im 15 years old, coming close to 16, i have a regular 16 year old job, dont make much but i make enough. My family life is not in the best shape. I would really like to start beauty school soon beec thats what i want to do in life. My dad is all for emancipation but i had a few questions

ive been working at my new job for about about a month, is that good?
I know u have to give a reason of why id be better off, would the fact i want to continue onto beauty school be legitimate?
Is it true that my grades will affect a decision?
Is there a certain amount of money i have to make>?
No - wanting to go to beauty school would NOT be sufficient cause to convince a judge that you need to be emancipated.

Are you in school? Under CA state law you AND your parents could be forced into court because you are not attending school. Being truant does not enhance your chances of emancipation. If you are in school - and I assume you are since you ask about grades - what ARE your grades? Poor marks indicates poor self discipline and thus a poor risk for emancipation.

What dire events are happening at home that would convince a judge to emancipate you? How would living on your own and working full time help you? Keep in mind that leaving home to go on welfare will NOT be acceptable. So beauty school would not cut it. You would have to get a full time job and go to school or get your GED.

In my entire life - 16 of them in law enforcement - I have known only a couple of kids to become emancipated. These girls were responsible, bright, intelligent, and had family situations from Hell ... not families that were out of shape.

Here are the MINIMAL requirements:

- You are at least 14 years old.
- You don't want to live with your parents. Your parents don't mind if you move out.
- You can handle your own money.
- You have a legal way to make money.
- Emancipation would be good for you.

In your statement to the court you will have to explain (in writing) the following:

- How you live,
- Why you want to be emancipated,
- How you support yourself, and
- If you have children, how you support them.

For more info copy and paste the following URL (copy and paste the text between the [url ] indicators).

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">