• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a 14 year old request detention over probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielC1234

I live in the state of Georgia, A couple months ago I was charged with a felony terroristic threat charge, distruction of property (under $500) disorderly conduct and trespassing. Earlier in the year I was put in juvenile detention for the charges listed above and was released on conditions. I was released in August and have been on house arrest and probation with the juvenile court and deparpartment of juvenile justice (yes, two different probations). I had a hearing about a month ago and it did not go so well because I was kicked out of the school I attend (an alternative school) and because I tested positive for marijuana 4 different times. The judge decided to continue the hearing and suggested I continue being house arrest until the next hearing and also requested a dfcs investigation because I have two younger siblings. My next hearing is on the 12th of this month and I was wondering if serving my probation time of 6 months in juvenile detention would be a possibility? I want to get it over with and be done with the juvenile court asap!

Eekamouse

I live in the state of Georgia, A couple months ago I was charged with a felony terroristic threat charge, distruction of property (under $500) disorderly conduct and trespassing. Earlier in the year I was put in juvenile detention for the charges listed above and was released on conditions. I was released in August and have been on house arrest and probation with the juvenile court and deparpartment of juvenile justice (yes, two different probations). I had a hearing about a month ago and it did not go so well because I was kicked out of the school I attend (an alternative school) and because I tested positive for marijuana 4 different times. The judge decided to continue the hearing and suggested I continue being house arrest until the next hearing and also requested a dfcs investigation because I have two younger siblings. My next hearing is on the 12th of this month and I was wondering if serving my probation time of 6 months in juvenile detention would be a possibility? I want to get it over with and be done with the juvenile court asap!
Keep on doing things the way you have been so far and it'll be a LONG time before you'll be done with Juvenile court.

Silverplum

Your spelling and ability to stay on track in a paragraph is remarkable for a child of your age.

:cool:

DanielC1234

I have passed my last drug test which was given to me on the 4th, I am taking online classes so I won't be too far behind when I go back to public school, and basically doing everything I need to. My probation officer says he's seen a dramatic change in my attitude and behavior, I'm just tired of having to report anything I want to do, having to go to the probation office 4 times a week, and all the other annoying stuff that comes with probation.

Eekamouse

I have passed my last drug test which was given to me on the 4th, I am taking online classes so I won't be too far behind when I go back to public school, and basically doing everything I need to. My probation officer says he's seen a dramatic change in my attitude and behavior, I'm just tired of having to report anything I want to do, having to go to the probation office 4 times a week, and all the other annoying stuff that comes with probation.
Boo hoo. It's called punishment. It's not supposed to be fun.

Silverplum

Now you sound a little more like a 14 year old.

;)

DanielC1234

I understand that with crime comes punishment but I am being arrested for things as little as missing a day of online school. The juvenile court is expecting literal perfection when that is impossible, mistakes are inevitable especially as a teenager. Probation programs are supposed to rehabilitate you and teach you to be a functional member of society but me being placed in juvenile detintion so many times for things like missing a day of school work, letting my ankle monitor die etc is hurting me in the long run. Trust me, I'm not whining about probation because I want to get high. I want to do something with my life and all this stuff on my record is really hurting the possibility of making that happen.

Silverplum

I understand that with crime comes punishment but I am being arrested for things as little as missing a day of online school. The juvenile court is expecting literal perfection when that is impossible, mistakes are inevitable especially as a teenager. Probation programs are supposed to rehabilitate you and teach you to be a functional member of society but me being placed in juvenile detintion so many times for things like missing a day of school work, letting my ankle monitor die etc is hurting me in the long run. Trust me, I'm not whining about probation because I want to get high. I want to do something with my life and all this stuff on my record is really hurting the possibility of making that happen.
Successfully cope with what is. That will take you farther than the whining and messing up.

DanielC1234

I forgot to mention that I was placed in three different psychiatric facilities this year, do you think the judge might request me staying at a long term psychiatric facility?

DanielC1234

Can you answer the original question? Could I request doing 6 months- a year in jail instead of probation? I've heard of adults having this option and I was wondering if juveniles also had this option

DanielC1234

Can you answer the original question? Could I request doing 6 months- a year in jail instead of probation? I've heard of adults having this option and I was wondering if juveniles also had this option???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Can you answer the original question? Could I request doing 6 months- a year in jail instead of probation? I've heard of adults having this option and I was wondering if juveniles also had this option???
Yes, you can request it. But don't expect an "instead" option. You're going to have to deal with this like a big boy.

Silverplum

I don't know. You should ask your public defender.

DanielC1234

I apologize for sounding like a whining little girl but this is my first time being in trouble with the law and all I did was text someone saying that I'd "beat their face in" if they tried coming into my house and taking something of mine, cutting a wire from a tv, and breaking a glass frame at my aunts house. Damn, I'm surprised I'm not on Americas most wanted right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">