• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a 15 year girl old date an 18 year old guy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huggablechick03

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I like this boy that turned 18 yesterday. I'm almost 15 and a half. We're sorta friends. He lives four doors down from me. We talk online alll the time and he says hey when he talks to me outside. But I'm too shy to have a conversation with him in person. And I hug all my guy friends. And while he was still 17 I asked if I could give him a hug when we hang out for the first time... cuz he's my friend now. And he said he didn't care. But then two days before his 18th, he changed his mind and said I couldn't hug him. His words were, "I could like get arrested if people start to wonder." But all I want is a hug... not sex. Then he told me that nothing could happen with us... (as in us dating), and that the main reason was our ages. Cuz I'm illegal for him now. But would it be illegal if we never had sex? Cuz I really really like him.

ENASNI

No no sweetie

CBG didn't mean you had to repost from your other area...
You already got your answers doll.

Really... just wait... prince charming is waiting... Just not right around the
corner...4 doors down.

He is at the minature golf course and he sucks at it... but you will like him anyway...
Have a good weekend.

huggablechick03

ENASNI said:
CBG didn't mean you had to repost from your other area...
You already got your answers doll.

Really... just wait... prince charming is waiting... Just not right around the
corner...4 doors down.

He is at the minature golf course and he sucks at it... but you will like him anyway...
Have a good weekend.
Yeah but those answers really aren't what I want. I'm not gonna go and talk to him about it anymore... he's made up his mind. I just really want to know if it's illegal or not.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A very good personal rule to follow is: "No means no."

It's understandable that you like this guy. But it's also understandable that he doesn't like you that way. You're in two different places in life.

huggablechick03

stealth2 said:
A very good personal rule to follow is: "No means no."

It's understandable that you like this guy. But it's also understandable that he doesn't like you that way. You're in two different places in life.
I know no means no... that's why I agreed to keep my hands off.

Wolflmg

The only way he could get into trouble if he were to have a sexual relationship with him. Now it is fine if you relationship is only a friendship, big brother, little sister type thing.

S

seniorjudge

Just in case:

SEX WITH CHILDREN STANDARD ANSWER

“If you have to ask whether it's legal or not, then regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, it's a very, very bad idea.” --cbg

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=222394

http://www.ageofconsent.com/
I can’t guarantee that this info is correct.

There are thousands of questions similar to yours on this forum; thus I have prepared this standard answer.

Stand by for further responses.

From MSNBC.com

Moms Arrested For Allegedly Condoning Sex Offender Relationship
WVIT-TV

LITCHFIELDConn. - Two women have been arrested for allegedly allowing a sexual relationship between their children.

State police arrested the two mothers Tuesday, accusing them of condoning a relationship between a 14-year-old girl and a 24-year-old man.

State police arrested Lorraine Pereira, 42, in Torrington, Conn., the mother of a 24-year-old convicted sex offender. She was charged with risk of injury to a minor and is now out on a $5,000 bond.

Pereira is the mother of Nathaniel Pereira, a twice-convicted sex offender ordered on two prior occasions by a judge to stay away from underage girls. Pereira was taken into state custody last month.

Police have charged a 32-year-old Goshen woman, the mother of the 14-year-old girl, with risk of injury to a minor.

According to the arrest warrant, Nathaniel Pereira spent several nights with the young girl in a motel room in Goshen, Conn., and his home in Torrington, where he lived with his mother.

"This is a sensitive investigation. It involves a young female and therefore we're doing everything we can to protect that female's identity," said State Police Sgt. Paul Vance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">