• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a 16 year old be charged for innapropriate touching?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sahmnh

My 16 year old son was goofing around with his 14 year old (15 this month) "girlfriend". They were poking/tickling each other, running around the room. He then grabbed her butt, and she asked him to stop. He did it one more time and then stopped. I understand that he should have stopped when she said to, and the school has been involved, and a suspension, conselling and community service is likely from what the principal has told me, which I understand. However, If the girl's parents decide to, can he be charged with anything? We're in NH. Thanks

Antigone*

My 16 year old son was goofing around with his 14 year old (15 this month) "girlfriend". They were poking/tickling each other, running around the room. He then grabbed her butt, and she asked him to stop. He did it one more time and then stopped. I understand that he should have stopped when she said to, and the school has been involved, and a suspension, conselling and community service is likely from what the principal has told me, which I understand. However, If the girl's parents decide to, can he be charged with anything? We're in NH. Thanks
If the police do come speak to him, make sure he says nothing without an attorney present.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Did he miss the day in kindergarten when they taught the kids to keep their hands to themselves?

You Are Guilty

I can't afford an attourney, but I appreciate the advice.
You don't have to pay an attorney to tell your son, "DO NOT, under any circumstances, speak to the police about this. If the police ask you anything about it, politely tell them 'I am not answering any questions'. If they arrest you, the only thing you are to say is 'I am not answering any questions and I want a lawyer.'"

CdwJava

Where did this happen? I assume it happened at school, correct?

Has anyone talked about calling the police? Is the girl angry about the incident?

It seems that concerns about the police may be a little premature. Could there be a little more to this story that you have not been told or are not sharing with us?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">