• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a 17 year old female date an 18 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

17andmommy

Virginia

I'm 17 and a mother of a 4 month old son. I turn 18 on May 11, 2008 and was wondering if it is illegal for my 18 year old boyfriend to be dating me.:confused:

Indiana Filer

Virginia

I'm 17 and a mother of a 4 month old son. I turn 18 on May 11, 2008 and was wondering if it is illegal for my 18 year old boyfriend to be dating me.:confused:
If your parents allow you to date this man, you are OK with dating him. It doesn't matter if you have a child or not. You're even OK to have sex with him since the Age of Consent is 16 in Virginia. Just use several methods of birth control because there are way too many teenage parents in this country.

Now, if you were having sex before your 16th birthday, your sexual partners could be guilty of Statutory Rape.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">