• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Emancipation Be Used in a CPS Case? Tennessee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WaterBall

A child the age of 17, was molested by her brother at the age of 7, the brother being 9 at the time. They are threatening to put this child at the age of 17 into state custody, which is blasphemy because both the brother and sister get along fine now and hes no longer a "Threat".

Would Emancipation allow this child to return back to her home? Or possibly a friends house, instead of the final decision being a foster home in states custody.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A child the age of 17, was molested by her brother at the age of 7, the brother being 9 at the time. They are threatening to put this child at the age of 17 into state custody, which is blasphemy because both the brother and sister get along fine now and hes no longer a "Threat".

Would Emancipation allow this child to return back to her home? Or possibly a friends house, instead of the final decision being a foster home in states custody.
What US state are you in?

FlyingRon

You seem to not understand the words emancipation or blasphemy.

Normally, we would require the name of the state to give a legal opinion, but this situation is so far removed from emancipation that it doesn't make any sense in any state.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Essentially, the answer to your question is, No. Emancipation would do none of the things you suggest. Nor have you posted anything to suggest that emancipation is even an option. (It rarely is.)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just realized the state was listed in the thread heading...was it always there? :eek:

commentator

I just realized the state was listed in the thread heading...was it always there? :eek:
'Fraid so, pal, clean those glasses. But still the response is that no, emancipation isn't an issue. My question is Why is this now becoming an issue? What ELSE is going on in this situation?

Just Blue

Who are you in this ...situation? Mother ? Father? Child? or big "getting along fine now" brother?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">