• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be affected by what another induvidual did?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brocktree

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was out with 3 other guys at around 3:00 a.m. during our fall break. We were just going to go make a video, but we couldn't get our main prop there. So we walked down to this one girls house that we knew that lived near by.

1 guy started taping her windows (it was light, no damage what-so-ever) the other two put some forks & spoons into her yard. A guy was trying to put a flag up hanging from her tree (with just a school name on it, nothing bad) and i only held the flag as he tied it. Thats it.

BUT, this is where my question really comes from..he put a swastika (the **** sign) in forks and spoons on her yard..then took some gas & oil and lit it on fire. I was across the street as this was happening, and it shocked me.

This is a federal hate crime i believe, correct? And could i get in trouble for just being there with not having any part in it?

By the way, the guy that did it was German, and it wasn't meant in any way to be percieved agianst race, ethnicity, gender, etc. He always is putting this stuff around school and thinks the sign is a 'good thing'.

So if you could help me, direct me to a site, or something i'd be really grateful as i don't want to get introuble for something i didn't do...

Thanks.

BelizeBreeze

I was out with 3 other guys at around 3:00 a.m. during our fall break. We were just going to go make a video, but we couldn't get our main prop there. So we walked down to this one girls house that we knew that lived near by.

1 guy started taping her windows (it was light, no damage what-so-ever) the other two put some forks & spoons into her yard. A guy was trying to put a flag up hanging from her tree (with just a school name on it, nothing bad) and i only held the flag as he tied it. Thats it.
O.K. vandalism.
BUT, this is where my question really comes from..he put a swastika (the **** sign) in forks and spoons on her yard..then took some gas & oil and lit it on fire. I was across the street as this was happening, and it shocked me.
Then why didn't you leave?
This is a federal hate crime i believe, correct? And could i get in trouble for just being there with not having any part in it?
Hey dimwit, you DID have a part in it.
By the way, the guy that did it was German, and it wasn't meant in any way to be percieved agianst race, ethnicity, gender, etc. He always is putting this stuff around school and thinks the sign is a 'good thing'.
If you believe this then you are a total idiot.
So if you could help me, direct me to a site, or something i'd be really grateful as i don't want to get introuble for something i didn't do...

Thanks.
then when you get out of prison think about changing friends.:rolleyes:

Brocktree

O.K. vandalism.

--

Then why didn't you leave?
I started walking away after I couldn't get them to stop taping her windows, halfway down the street I turn around and see it lit. Then the idiot just stood their taping it on camera..then I kept taking off.

I think your right. Thanks.

A

aussiebabe

you need to find new friends

Thanks.
my advice? find yourself some new friends before you get into serious trouble. and why were you out at 3 am? where were your parents? if you were my kid, id blister your butt for being part of this, and for being out so late.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
By the way, the guy that did it was German, and it wasn't meant in any way to be percieved agianst race, ethnicity, gender, etc.
You're not on the smart track, are ya? Rent Schindler's List and then consider your friends actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">