• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I appeal Court decision? can I travel within the nation if arrest warrant??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my2007klan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida/Virginia

to give you a quick summary
I was a student at USF, tampa, Florida, and I finished studies on June 2015. I left to the middle east for a year, during which, a case was opened against me and a warrant was out in my name, but i did not know, since i wasn't in the country
when i came back to the states, 4 days ago, i landed in IAD airport, washington, and was apprehended and jailed for 24 hours until my bail was paid.
i went to the court and they told me that if im willing to face my charges, i should be in florida within september 9, and they did not provide me with an attorney, nor do i have one

Now i cannot travel to florida, because i came here on business and I have flights within the nation already booked.
Could I get a lawyer/attorney represent me in florida and explain the case? because they think that I "fled" justice, even though i had no idea
or can a lawyer push the date further, so that I can attend it myself, on the end of september

I also have a few questions: could I travel within the states at the time? what about outside the states, to Canada?
can i appeal the court decision?

please, any help would be appreciated, and I do not have a budget to work with, as my trip to the states was for a non-profit peace organization and I don't have much financials
awaiting your reply

thank you in advance

adjusterjack

Now i cannot travel to florida, because i came here on business and I have flights within the nation already booked.
Could I get a lawyer/attorney represent me in florida and explain the case? because they think that I "fled" justice, even though i had no idea
or can a lawyer push the date further, so that I can attend it myself, on the end of september
A lawyer could do both but you'd better hire one right now as you are being charged with a crime and he may have to file motions prior to the court date.

I also have a few questions: could I travel within the states at the time? what about outside the states, to Canada?
can i appeal the court decision?
That depends on the conditions of your bail. It'll either be what the judge instructed or what your bail contract says.

Just Blue

A lawyer could do both but you'd better hire one right now as you are being charged with a crime and he may have to file motions prior to the court date.

That depends on the conditions of your bail. It'll either be what the judge instructed or what your bail contract says.
But still nothing to do with JL. ;):)

Just Blue

OP is a student. Maybe he is a juvenile. Can't assume anything. Can just answer the questions as posed wherever they are posed. That's how I roll.
I will grant that OP might be under 21...But I doubt under 18. IMHO. You are very nice to roll the way you do. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">