• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I have my 14 year old arrested in Oregon for running away?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brentonb1

What is the name of your state? Oregon Multnomah County

My 14 Year old repeatedly runs away. We have tried all sorts of counseling and other methods. He has told me that he is going to slit my throat in my sleep. Will the police arrest him and detain him in a juvenile facility if he runs away, or will they just bring him home?
Thanks

ceara19

What is the name of your state? Oregon Multnomah County

My 14 Year old repeatedly runs away. We have tried all sorts of counseling and other methods. He has told me that he is going to slit my throat in my sleep. Will the police arrest him and detain him in a juvenile facility if he runs away, or will they just bring him home?
Thanks
You can file a criminal complaint against him for the threats and if the case goes to court you can tell the Judge you want your child sent to a juvenile facility where he can learn to be an even worse adult. Have you looked into boot camp?

zookey

Been there myself. And yes, I lived in Oregon at the time (Washington now) and they can arrest them. They will pick them up (when they find them) and call you to come to the station to pick them up the first time. After a few times, they keep them for a couple of days. My one advice is this though**************..if you can move to Washington, do it, lol. They have stronger laws about this, and keep them longer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">