• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I have my older sister removed from my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para

New Jersey

I am a 15 year old girl. My younger sister is 13. We have an older sister who is 22. We all live with my mother.

My older sister has caused serious problems between my mother, my younger sister, and me. She does nothing but initiate fights just to watch them progress, lie about me making violent physical contact with her because she's well aware that due to my mental health state I could be committed to a hospital if arrested (She's admitted before that she'd "Love to send me away") embarrasses and humiliates me and my younger sister by going through our rooms and blackmailing us with what she finds or finds out about us (Past any kind of sibling rivalry, I assure you), drains us of money and funds making it hard for my and my younger sister to ask for things like clothes or anything we may want for rewards for things like graduations and things (She was certainly rewarded heavily for all of her accomplishments at our age, no matter how small), pulls us all into the fights she has with her boyfriend, and generally is detrimental to my mother raising me and my younger sister without fights, screaming, law enforcement, violence, and hospitals, which isn't fair whatsoever because she had the chance to be raised by my mother for 8 years without interference at all. It is seriously entering the territory of abuse... We can't have a single moment of peace and friendship among any of us without her corrupting it.

We've tried family counseling. She completely changed her demeanor for our therapist, convincing her that nothing was wrong that she was a victim of the rage that she invokes of my younger sister and I. She's insane and tricky.

My mother cannot bring herself to make her move out, and my older sister probably wouldn't if asked to. My mother has admitted to me that it's time for her to move out, and yet when it comes down to the time for her to stick up for me and say it, my older sister will swoop in on my mother and convince her of "all that she does", changing my mothers mind.

I have serious mental health disabilities and cannot take the mental torture and verbal abuse she puts me through. I have been sent to the suicide prevention unit of the hospital multiple times because of her. And she does nothing but mock it and toy with my head, which I, and my mother, am admittedly too weak to withstand.

She has a boyfriend with a house, a job (we never see any money from it, despite how much she owes my mother for a business she crashed and left in our hands, but that's a long story) so it's not even like she can't go somewhere else. She and my mother once said she'd be out of here in two weeks. It's been a month.

All of this presented... Is it at all grounds to have her evicted? Is that even possible? Will my mother be brought down as well if I were to take legal action against my sister? Is there anything I can do to have her removed from my house, and if so, how would I begin to get the ball rolling? I'm quite desperate. I've consulted her many, many times about this. I need to do something to remove her that she can't corrupt or manipulate.

I'm very sorry if this is too long.
This is my first post.
Thank you for your time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gail in Georgia

You're 15 years old. You can't evict anyone.

Your mother can begin the process of learning how to evict someone in New Jersey (which is a VERY tenant friendly state)...if she wishes to.

You can't.

Gail

Para

You're 15 years old. You can't evict anyone.

Your mother can begin the process of learning how to evict someone in New Jersey (which is a VERY tenant friendly state)...if she wishes to.

You can't.

Gail
Quite obviously I can't evict someone.

I'm really, very aware of this.

Quite like making claims to be removed from the custody of a parent, I was wondering who I would have to talk to or what I would have to say to have her be be accused of endangering my health, or something similar.

I admit that I don't know much, which is why I'm here, but I certainly am aware of obvious things, and didn't really appreciate the condescending tone.

:]

Silverplum

Given how many times you used "I" and "my," I can't imagine why you'd be so *offended* at Gail's perfectly reasonable, perfectly truthful reply. Your question, as-is, begged for Gail's reply. If you were so very "aware" that you cannot legally act, then you would've written it as such. :rolleyes:

You likely have a goodly case of the "fifteens," causing you to lash out at anyone nearby. It's dreadful. But you'll grow out of it. ;)

Can I have my older sister removed from my house?

New Jersey

I am a 15 year old girl. My younger sister is 13. We have an older sister who is 22. We all live with my mother.

My older sister has caused serious problems between my mother, my younger sister, and me. She does nothing but initiate fights just to watch them progress, lie about me making violent physical contact with her because she's well aware that due to my mental health state I could be committed to a hospital if arrested (She's admitted before that she'd "Love to send me away") embarrasses and humiliates me and my younger sister by going through our rooms and blackmailing us with what she finds or finds out about us (Past any kind of sibling rivalry, I assure you), drains us of money and funds making it hard for my and my younger sister to ask for things like clothes or anything we may want for rewards for things like graduations and things (She was certainly rewarded heavily for all of her accomplishments at our age, no matter how small), pulls us all into the fights she has with her boyfriend, and generally is detrimental to my mother raising me and my younger sister without fights, screaming, law enforcement, violence, and hospitals, which isn't fair whatsoever because she had the chance to be raised by my mother for 8 years without interference at all. It is seriously entering the territory of abuse... We can't have a single moment of peace and friendship among any of us without her corrupting it.

We've tried family counseling. She completely changed her demeanor for our therapist, convincing her that nothing was wrong that she was a victim of the rage that she invokes of my younger sister and I. She's insane and tricky.

My mother cannot bring herself to make her move out, and my older sister probably wouldn't if asked to. My mother has admitted to me that it's time for her to move out, and yet when it comes down to the time for her to stick up for me and say it, my older sister will swoop in on my mother and convince her of "all that she does", changing my mothers mind.

I have serious mental health disabilities and cannot take the mental torture and verbal abuse she puts me through. I have been sent to the suicide prevention unit of the hospital multiple times because of her. And she does nothing but mock it and toy with my head, which I, and my mother, am admittedly too weak to withstand.

She has a boyfriend with a house, a job (we never see any money from it, despite how much she owes my mother for a business she crashed and left in our hands, but that's a long story) so it's not even like she can't go somewhere else. She and my mother once said she'd be out of here in two weeks. It's been a month.

All of this presented... Is it at all grounds to have her evicted? Is that even possible? Will my mother be brought down as well if I were to take legal action against my sister? Is there anything I can do to have her removed from my house, and if so, how would I begin to get the ball rolling? I'm quite desperate. I've consulted her many, many times about this. I need to do something to remove her that she can't corrupt or manipulate.

I'm very sorry if this is too long.
This is my first post.
Thank you for your time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Quite obviously I can't evict someone.

I'm really, very aware of this.

Quite like making claims to be removed from the custody of a parent, I was wondering who I would have to talk to or what I would have to say to have her be be accused of endangering my health, or something similar.

I admit that I don't know much, which is why I'm here, but I certainly am aware of obvious things, and didn't really appreciate the condescending tone.

:]

Para

Again with the condescension and the assumptions.
It's a terrible thing when words are wasted.

If anyone would like to say something of substance and possibly of use to aid my situation, I'd be eternally grateful, and if not, I withdraw.

Silverplum

Again with the condescension and the assumptions.
It's a terrible thing when words are wasted.

If anyone would like to say something of substance and possibly of use to aid my situation, I'd be eternally grateful, and if not, I withdraw.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Read it s-l-o-w-l-y:
You can try to convince your mother to evict your sister. You have no legal rights, and no legal standing at your age.

Para

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Read it s-l-o-w-l-y:
You can try to convince your mother to evict your sister. You have no legal rights, and no legal standing at your age.

Read it s-l-o-w-l-y:

I'm not getting help from my mother.
Please stop wasting my time. :[

Silverplum

Read it s-l-o-w-l-y:

I'm not getting help from my mother.
Please stop wasting my time. :[
:rolleyes: I'm not wasting your time, child. You're wasting mine.

Here's some handy tips for you:

1. Learn to wait. 3 years, and you can leave at 18.
2. Speak with your school guidance counselor or a trusted teacher.

Those are your only two options.

You don't own the house. You don't have legal rights as a child.

There. I've given you more attention than your snotty self deserves. Take it or leave it. I care not. :rolleyes:

Para

:rolleyes: I'm not wasting your time, child. You're wasting mine.

Here's some handy tips for you:

1. Learn to wait. 3 years, and you can leave at 18.
2. Speak with your school guidance counselor or a trusted teacher.

Those are your only two options.

You don't own the house. You don't have legal rights as a child.

There. I've given you more attention than your snotty self deserves. Take it or leave it. I care not. :rolleyes:

You didn't have to post in this thread, nor did you have to stay in it and make yourself look silly.
Really, is this what you need for gratification?
I'm obligated to let you ignore what I've said and continue to treat me like I'm incompetent because you're older than I am?

If you really didn't care, you would've stopped after your first post.

You've ignored what I've said and continue to throw the same dismissive things at me that I'm telling you wouldn't work.

Now please, take advantage of the fact that you "don't care" and wonder elsewhere. Your input was not and will not be needed, I promise.

Isis1

i call troll. but i've been wrong before.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

little girl, what did your therapist say when you told him/her?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Cutting to the chase:

No. There is nothing you or anyone else can do to have your older sister removed from the house unless your mother is willing to have it done. ONLY your mother has the standing to do it. If she will not, then that's the ball game, kiddo. So if you were hoping there was some law you or your mother could invoke that would take the decision out of her hands and have someone else come in and remove her from the house, that dream is gone with the wind.

Now, the next time you come on a message board demanding that the VOLUNTEERS who come onto this site on their own time to give FREE advice to little brats like you who don't find it necessary to be polite or accept the answers you're given when they aren't the one you want to hear, good luck getting anyone to even acknowledge you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">