• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be held liable if my collection agency is harassing people?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tgh

What is the name of your state? Utah

A guy owes me approx $2,500 for the rights to a small business I used to own. He never paid the money and I hired a collection agency to get the money. The guy wasn’t working with the agency, so the agency and I verbally agreed (should have got it in writing) not to continue pursuing the guy. Well, over a year later now, the guy emails me and tells me the agency is still trying to collect the money and is harassing him. He says he’s going to contact his state’s Attorney General (California) about suing me for harassment.

Is it possible that I can be held liable if the agency I hired is overly harassing this guy?

(note: I don't even know if the agency is actually harassing this guy.)What is the name of your state?

gawm

This is juvenile law. You will probably get more responses if you delete this thread and post in debt collections.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">