• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i move out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oldenough

:confused: What is the name of your state? Kinder, Louisiana
im 17 and everyone keeps telling me that i can move out without any hassle. i want to know if this is true or if i need to file paper work like you normally would for a normal emancipation.:eek:

Neal1421

oldenough said:
:confused: What is the name of your state? Kinder, Louisiana
im 17 and everyone keeps telling me that i can move out without any hassle. i want to know if this is true or if i need to file paper work like you normally would for a normal emancipation.:eek:
You can move out, but your parents can make you return.

So the answer is stay there until you are 18 and then you are free to do whatever your little heart desires.

By the way, do you have a job to support yourself 100%?

Neal1421

oldenough said:
i do have a job and my boy firend als o has a job we would be living together.
Then you wouldn't even be able to be emancipated as you cannot fully support yourself . So, sit tight until you turn 18 then you are free to live wherever you want and shack up with whomever you wish.

More worthless posts from Shay I see.

Take neils advice, stay home until you are 18.

But go further.... go to college and do not live with your boyfriend. Get an education, then a job so you can rent your own place. You don't want to be on the streets when you and your boyfriend break up. You are at home now paying no rent (I'm assuming). Now is the time to take advantage of that and put it to good use. Believe me.... when I left my home, it wasn't a pretty sight. I wish I had the luxury of having a home I could have stayed at while I went to school. Doing it on your own is MUCH more difficult.

Sounds like you need to talk to a responsible adult about this and what your plans are for your life. You're 17!!! Take the action now!!! Because you won't believe how quickly 40 will come.

Shay-Pari'e

JSAautomotive said:
More worthless posts from Shay I see.

Take neils advice, stay home until you are 18.

But go further.... go to college and do not live with your boyfriend. Get an education, then a job so you can rent your own place. You don't want to be on the streets when you and your boyfriend break up. You are at home now paying no rent (I'm assuming). Now is the time to take advantage of that and put it to good use. Believe me.... when I left my home, it wasn't a pretty sight. I wish I had the luxury of having a home I could have stayed at while I went to school. Doing it on your own is MUCH more difficult.

Sounds like you need to talk to a responsible adult about this and what your plans are for your life. You're 17!!! Take the action now!!! Because you won't believe how quickly 40 will come.
Hmm, I believe I told her she couldn't. :rolleyes:

Shay??

I think the responsible thing would be to not assume this is someone else and offer some sound, logical, adult advice that would affect the rest of her life. Your post did very little to help the OP.

I believe you got an e-mail from this websites admininstrator.

Have a nice day.

oldenough

grrr

i DO have a job and i could support my self anyways the deal is i moved out when i was 15 because my biological father left me with his exwife whom didnt care much for kids and cared more about her online boyfriends than she did me so i already know how to take care of my self and support myself. but i recently moved in with my dad and i'm scared to leave due to past child abuse but it hasnt happend in the two months i have lived with him but he did break my step brothers shoulder and he gets drunk and starts on with "i havent been showing my true colors" and he also told me that he was going to throw my stuff away but when i moved in all i had was a back pack of clothes that i came down here with and its still pretty much the only stuff i can claim as mine. the house i am in is making me go insane and its emotionally not stable. i dont want to leave unless its leagal so i cant be forced to go home and acctually be shown his "true colors", seeings how last time he showed me his true colors i was about 6 and he picked me up by my ears and threw me against the house.

Happy Trails

oldenough said:
i DO have a job and i could support my self anyways the deal is i moved out when i was 15 because my biological father left me with his exwife whom didnt care much for kids and cared more about her online boyfriends than she did me so i already know how to take care of my self and support myself. but i recently moved in with my dad and i'm scared to leave due to past child abuse but it hasnt happend in the two months i have lived with him but he did break my step brothers shoulder and he gets drunk and starts on with "i havent been showing my true colors" and he also told me that he was going to throw my stuff away but when i moved in all i had was a back pack of clothes that i came down here with and its still pretty much the only stuff i can claim as mine. the house i am in is making me go insane and its emotionally not stable. i dont want to leave unless its leagal so i cant be forced to go home and acctually be shown his "true colors", seeings how last time he showed me his true colors i was about 6 and he picked me up by my ears and threw me against the house.
How much money do you earn?

Where is your other parent?

------------------
From Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure:

Art. 3992. Consent of parent or tutor.

The petition of the minor shall be accompanied by a written consent to the emancipation and a specific declaration that the minor is fully capable of managing his own affairs, by the following:

(1) The father and mother if both are alive, or the survivor if one is dead. If either parent is absent or unable to act, the consent of the other parent alone is necessary. If the parents are judicially separated or divorced, and the custody of the minor has been awarded by judgment to one of the parents, the consent of that parent alone is necessary. A surviving parent is not required to qualify as natural tutor in order to give such consent, nor is the appointment of a special tutor necessary.

If the petition is filed on the ground of ill treatment, refusal to support, or corrupt examples, parental consent is unnecessary, but the parents or the surviving parent shall be cited to show cause why the minor should not be emancipated.

(2) The tutor of the minor if one has been appointed. If a tutor of his property and a tutor of his person have been appointed for the minor, the consent of both is necessary. If no tutor has been appointed, or if the tutor has died, resigned, or been removed, and there is no surviving parent who is able to act, a special tutor shall be appointed. If the tutor or special tutor refuses to give his consent, he may be cited to show cause why the minor should not be emancipated.

------------------

Art. 3993. Hearing; judgment.

If the judge is satisfied that there is good reason for emancipation and that the minor is capable of managing his own affairs, he shall render a judgment of emancipation, which shall declare that the minor is fully emancipated and relieved of all the disabilities which attach to minority, with full power to perform all acts as fully as if he had reached the age of majority.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">