• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I own a gun? Juvenile felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alpha13

What is the name of your state? California

I have a juvenile felony on my record which can not be expunged. I know for most purposes, including employment, the felony does not hinder me at all because it is considered an "adjudication" (only exceptions are for military/law enforcement) Does anyone know if the same applies to gun ownership? Or will it be treated the same as an adult felony in this case?

Thanks

CdwJava

What specific offense against you had a "true finding"?

Essentially, the same ones that prohibit an adult from possessing a firearm would prevent you from ownership/possession until age 30.

- Carl

Alpha13

Without getting speciifc it was a serious one, definitely not a "wobbler". If you know the section of the law that has the guideline you mentioned can you give me a reference?

Thanks

CdwJava

Alpha13 said:
Without getting speciifc it was a serious one, definitely not a "wobbler". If you know the section of the law that has the guideline you mentioned can you give me a reference?

Thanks
You can either provide the specific code section(s) for which there was a true finding, or you can go to the Attorney General's website and start looking under the assorted firearms regulations.

The myriad of possibilities are too numerous to just regurgitate codes and sections.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">