• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I still talk to her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Koi765

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Ok. So basicaly, if you want more information on my situation my other thread should be just a few down on this same page. But ya, so her dad doesn't like me at all and thinks I'm gonna rape her and that I'm an internet preditor.

She's 15, and I'm 18. We've never had sex, never gonna. Currently, he doesn't know my name, but is trying to find it out. I just want to know-

Can we still send emails back and forth?
Can we get in trouble for talking on the phone?
What is an "Order of Protection"?
Will my number show up on his phone bill since she has called me on my cell phone from her house?

Happy Trails

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Ok. So basicaly, if you want more information on my situation my other thread should be just a few down on this same page. But ya, so her dad doesn't like me at all and thinks I'm gonna rape her and that I'm an internet preditor.

She's 15, and I'm 18. We've never had sex, never gonna. Currently, he doesn't know my name, but is trying to find it out. I just want to know-

Can we still send emails back and forth? You are getting into a messy situation.
Can we get in trouble for talking on the phone? Is it okay with her parents?
What is an "Order of Protection"? The court would order you to have no contact with the minor daughter.
Will my number show up on his phone bill since she has called me on my cell phone from her house? Most likely.
You seriously should be waiting until the parents either allow you to have contact with her or waiting until she is an adult.

Other thread:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=344750

Last edited:
YOur playing with fire if you try to keep contact with this "girl" againist her paretns request. You say you wont have sex but if opputunity arose and you were both willing it would say what you want but it would! Parent can file all kinds of charges on you if they like or even get a court order to keep you from her. Its not worth it! Move find someone closer to your age if she still wants to see you when she gets older great in meantime do you want your life ruined over this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If her dad gets an Order of Protection then you cannot e-mail, IM, talk on the phone, or have any contact whatsoever until either the Order is revoked or she turns 18, whichever happens first. I wasn't kidding about him having your ass (and any other part of you that's attached to your ass) thrown in jail. What part of, no, did you not understand?

Can we still send emails back and forth? Not if you value your body parts.
Can we get in trouble for talking on the phone? Yes.
What is an "Order of Protection"? A restraining order
Will my number show up on his phone bill since she has called me on my cell phone from her house? Yes.

Koi765

Yes well... we'll probably end up only talking via email (which isn't really email at all). But ya, we're definately not going to meet anymore or talk on the phone, and we're not going to give him anything or any information that will lead to him finding out my last name.

He hasn't gotten an order of protection yet, either. So there wouldn't really be any concequences later for continuing to talk to her now, right?

AHA

We've never had sex, never gonna.
For the last two words in that sentence, one has to ask, why bother trying to be girlfriend-boyfriend???? Sex is the only perk in a relationship!
FYI, no one in the entire world is ever going to believe that you plan on NEVER having sex! Don't be a liar.

Seither

For the last two words in that sentence, one has to ask, why bother trying to be girlfriend-boyfriend???? Sex is the only perk in a relationship!
FYI, no one in the entire world is ever going to believe that you plan on NEVER having sex! Don't be a liar.
I think he means while she is underage they don't plan on having sex.

And you can't get in any legal trouble just talking to her, I know that much. Her parents can legally bar you from seeing and communicating with her until she turns 18, but as long as there is no sexual relations, you're not breaking any laws.

(Note: This is to my knowledge of the laws concerning these types of matters. I am in no way, shape, or form claiming this is 100% true or accurate.)

aleeshkapeesh

i agree, you can't get into any trouble for just talking to her. i wouldn't be talking to her in sexual ways though. that i belive could get you into some trouble. from what it sounds like, you should just let it go for now and see what happens in time. i've been through this whole thing...( in the state of Montana so your laws may be diff.) but your just better off letting it go. sounds like your getting real close to getting in deep trouble with this girl. how many warning signs do you need before you get that your skating on thin ice thats getting thinner by the second? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">